Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claims bonus query

Options
  • 22-03-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Have just got my renewal letter and quote. Want to shop around to see if I can get a better deal or use as bargaining chip to get the price reduced.

My no claims bonus with is the full 50% per the enclosed cert. But, it states i only 2 years no claims on this policy. For a year and a half previous to those 2 yrs, I was a named driver on my wife's policy. Before that I was no claims 10 yrs+.

I understand your no claims carries on once you don't let it lapse for 2 years? But not sure of that's true and if it passes on to other insurers?

So basically my question is, on the back of the letter I received quoting 2 yrs no claims history on the policy, but 50% no claims bonus based on 5 years no claims experience, what do I put down on my quote with other insurers. I have an ncd pin on the cert- will that show 2 years only If other insurers enquire??

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Not sure, but make sure you try aig and put your wife as a named driver. It takes about 20% off the quote.

Aig and liberty are currently best in market for experienced drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Not sure, but make sure you try aig and put your wife as a named driver. It takes about 20% off the quote.

Aig and liberty are currently best in market for experienced drivers.

Thanks for that, Liberty and 123.ie were on a par with current insurer (FBD) but AIG was a good 25% cheaper! All quotes with wife as named driver.

That was based on a full 5yrs+ no claims bonus so originally query still stands. I guess I can just ring an insurer and quote the ncd number to validate if they see me as having the full no claims history....

Advertisement