Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Associations map

Options
  • 22-03-2018 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got into fly fishing and want to explore the rivers & lakes in the Dublin area.
    I currently have a membership with Dublin Trout Anglers Association, I am also looking to get one from North Kildare Trout and Salmon Anglers association, however I cannot find a list of fisheries for the latter.

But I was wondering if there is actually a map somewhere that would show all the rivers/lakes with boundaries for each of the club, to ensure I do not go where I have no permit?

Cheers,
    Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bigjohn17

sasar wrote: »
    Hi,

I got into fly fishing and want to explore the rivers & lakes in the Dublin area.
    I currently have a membership with Dublin Trout Anglers Association, I am also looking to get one from North Kildare Trout and Salmon Anglers association, however I cannot find a list of fisheries for the latter.

But I was wondering if there is actually a map somewhere that would show all the rivers/lakes with boundaries for each of the club, to ensure I do not go where I have no permit?

Cheers,
    Alex

As far as I know there isn't a map of the sort you're looking for. A lot of the maps these trout clubs use are extremely old - I was looking at Kilbride Anglers website and their map looked like something from Lord of the Rings (hand drawn OS map).

I was in DTAA last year and had actually started doing up new maps using google maps and photoshop showing all access points and parking etc as I found the maps I was given were near useless. Unfortunately I lost the new maps when I had to format my PC.

I think angling clubs in general need to become a bit more modernized in order to encourage new young members - pay for membership online, social media, a half decent website, clear up to date maps etc.

I didn't rejoin DTAA this year mainly because as a new member, I found myself doing a lot of wondering trying to find access points (which were quite hard to get to to be honest) and having to text the committee to see if I was parking in the right place as they had vaguely mentioned on the club documents.

This isn't an attack on DTAA by any means, just an opinion on how these clubs could improve in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Thanks for that
    Do you know if n.k.t.s.a. also have a map of their waters? I checked their website but could not find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jiminie Jaroo

This would be a fantastic tool to have. I find it really hard to find out what club controls what water.

Advertisement