Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Di2 6770 external to internal Battery

Options
  • 22-03-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting a new bike (Frame) which will be my first carbon frame. Its Di2 compatible and I already have the full 6770 Di2 but with the external battery.

Does anyone know if this can be converted to use the internal (Seat-post) battery?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Luxxis wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm getting a new bike (Frame) which will be my first carbon frame. Its Di2 compatible and I already have the full 6770 Di2 but with the external battery.

Does anyone know if this can be converted to use the internal (Seat-post) battery?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Just get an internal seat post battery. No big deal. Everything else should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Works fine. You might need to do the firmware updates...

One note.. 6770 didn't use the same junction (a) box i.e. the front one.. it had a small box with two wires for the shifters coming out... if that's what you have you need to get the proper 3 or 5 junction box for the later 6870, 9070, 9150 etc... groups.. or even the bar end junction if that suited your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

You will need to change the front junction box and cables to the levers. The new one has the port for charging the battery etc, longer cable to reach internal battery may also be needed.
    Good guide here

http://glorycycles.blogspot.ie/2013/03/Ultegra-Di2-Internal-Battery-Conversion.html

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

Perfect.

Thanks all. Appreciate it

Advertisement