Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X Cracked Glass on Camera/Flash

Options
  • 22-03-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Woke up this morning to notice my iPhone X glass across my lens/flash on my camera cracked.

I never dropped my phone and have had it in an Otter box since I bought it 2 weeks ago!

I have rang around seeing who can repair (no Apple Care) and appears nowhere can.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Macers wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Woke up this morning to notice my iPhone X glass across my lens/flash on my camera cracked.

I never dropped my phone and have had it in an Otter box since I bought it 2 weeks ago!

I have rang around seeing who can repair (no Apple Care) and appears nowhere can.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Apple themselves are the only authorised repair centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Mr.S wrote:
    Best go with Apple, stupid prices though

Just had a read of that link ..

Am I reading it correctly that op will need to pay over 600 to fix a lense ??

If so that's outrageous !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ianob7 wrote: »
    Just had a read of that link ..

Am I reading it correctly that op will need to pay over 600 to fix a lense ??

If so that's outrageous !
    it's well known with apple that their repair costs are astronomical, plenty of news stories when the X came out that it was expensive.

Wow ! Knew repairs were pricey with apple but not to that extent .

Will be sticking with android :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

That's great, really helps the OP.

• Advertisement

That's great, really helps the OP.

Well seeing as the op got some answers I didn't think I'd be derailing the thread too much.

Thanks for your message though.

I'll think twice before responding to a message about the issue in question though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Great story bro.
    Now go price the repair to the lens on a Samsung S9 Plus and come back with your findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Just a little tip, there’s no space between a full stop or a question mark, or indeed any other punctuation mark.

And to think that there is still a preconceived notion that Apple users are d*ckheads !?!?

Sure is a head scratcher.....

@naasrd I'll send you all my messages for grammatical approval before I post shall I ?

Could you still understand it ?

Advertisement