Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Scientific

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I have an interview with a recruitment agency for a role in Boston Scientific (General Op). I was just wondering what Boston Scientific is like to work for? What is the starting wage like? As well, it says that if I got the job it would be temporary. Does anyone know how long this could be? 3 months? More?

Any help on the matter is appreciated. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The people I know that works there have been there a long time and never moan about it, so I assume it's pretty good to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,697 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

People go to great effort not to be late for a shift. I think lateness gets you into trouble there.

They seem pretty good at arranging their shifts so there aren't too bad a traffic jams from the carpark.

There's a night shift which starts about 10:30pm - the 405 bus is very helpful for people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

First temporary contracts in Boston tend to be 3 months, extended if business needs require it.
    Usual contract extensions would be a further 3 months and then to 12 months. You will be waiting quite a long time to get a permanent contract.
    I can't tell you the starting wage(ICE should be able to help there) but permanent is decent and comes with healthcare and a pension scheme.
    There are three shifts per day and the starts are at staggered times( dayshift begins at 6.00 and has staggered starts every 15 minutes till 7.30). Evenings and nights would be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

AFAIK you will be asked are you willing to work evenings or nights. If you say no you have a little chance getting in there. Get your foot in the door is the main thing. No traffic in or out of the place. Great bus service from town. Bike sheds, locker rooms and showers there too. A lot to happen there in second half of the year hopefully as they start using a second building. Really nice people up there. There is are a lot more Contractors converting over to Employees now than before after a year.

Advertisement