Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residency in New Zealand

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help advise me on the best possible way to get residency in New Zealand after moving back to Ireland.

Little backstory on my position: I went over to NZ in 2015 on a working holiday visa, got a job working in a government department and was then given a work visa through my role. I could have applied for residency through my job, as I believe it was classed as an Essential skill, many others in my job did this, but my partner wanted to move home, so we did. Its been a year and we both really regret coming back to Ireland and want to get back to NZ and apply for residency as soon as we can.

What are the options for us? We are both 28 at the moment, is it easy to go over on a BUNAC visa and then get sponsored by an employer, to then apply for residency? Are there any other alternatives to this, we both don't have any of the qualifications on the long term skill shortage list. What are the best employers to increase your chances of getting sponsored? I know a lot of people who got residency through their roles in EQC and Stats NZ (government departments) would this be the best option for us?

If anyone could lead me in the right direction towards working to residency I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Is it possible for you to contact your old workplace to see about potential job openings there? If they were to take you back, even on a work visa temporarily, that would be a stepping stone to residency application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Any progress here? Keen to hear if you were able to open any channels for sponsorship to residence.

Advertisement