Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring an 18 yr old car? Where do I go?

Options
  • 22-03-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I'm having huge trouble finding insurance for my mum's 18 yr old car. It's in excellent condition, never had a claim, no penalty points associated with the driver, has the nct, never had had the slightest problem.
    Anyone know a company that insures older cars?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Do you mean you can't get a quote at all or it's very expensive. I can't speak from experience but I was under the impression that all but a couple of companies still quote for older cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I found https://www.topinsure.ie/ OK for older cars, mad prices but at least they quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

I'm having huge trouble finding insurance for my mum's 18 yr old car. It's in excellent condition, never had a claim, no penalty points associated with the driver, has the nct, never had had the slightest problem. Anyone know a company that insures older cars?

I drive a 96 Micra, insured with Axa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    I drive a 96 Micra, insured with Axa

But how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

I'm with axa too.18 year old car,and cost around 450 for the year.There's still plenty of companies that will cover older cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you haven't already, read the sticky "Insurance for >15 year old cars" and try the companies mentioned there

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 137 ✭✭toyotafan

I would also try with Liberty. They could give quote for old cars.

Advertisement