Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National tickets

Options
  • 21-03-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Heading over for the Saturday of the Grand National meeting. There are three of us, which is a bad number for tickets, and we haven't bought ours yet. We've been before and found that the standard Tattersalls area was just too crowded and getting a bet on and a pint was virtually impossible in the 30mins between races. We'll probably aim to buy more expensive tickets on the day. Anyone got any suggestions as to where would be a decent place to try and pick some up on the morning? Would we be best to head straight for the course? A few years ago I managed to luck out and got good tickets at a reasonable price from a tout, but I think the first race was off and they were desperate. Not sure what to do! Only crappy tickets still available for sale now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

You could try Weatherspoons on Walton Vale (10 mins walk from course). Opens at 8am so will be the only pub open at that time. You may touch lucky. Otherwise it will have to be the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

You could try Weatherspoons on Walton Vale (10 mins walk from course). Opens at 8am so will be the only pub open at that time. You may touch lucky. Otherwise it will have to be the touts.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a rattle there so

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mickrow

I'm heading over next week too, one of our group had to pull out so I have one ticket if that is any good to you. Earl of Derby Lower Seated ticket. PM me if your interested. Only the one ticket but selling for face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

mickrow wrote:
    I'm heading over next week too, one of our group had to pull out so I have one ticket if that is any good to you. Earl of Derby Lower Seated ticket. PM me if your interested. Only the one ticket but selling for face value.

Thanks a million for the offer. I'll just speak to the two brothers. Would be great but might pigeon hole us a bit as we then have to find two more similar tickets. I'll PM you tonight if it's a runner

Advertisement