Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Goods from china to ireland

Options
  • 21-03-2018 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I would like to start importing goods from outside the EU to ireland, I know where to find the amount of duty for a given product, VAT etc .. I need someone who takes care of it and could give me some information, maybe you know some good customs agency or transport company, currently I do not live in Ireland but I leave in June and I am slowly starting to develop my business :) I will be grateful for all the tips!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Seishin01 wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to start importing goods from outside the EU to ireland, I know where to find the amount of duty for a given product, VAT etc .. I need someone who takes care of it and could give me some information, maybe you know some good customs agency or transport company, currently I do not live in Ireland but I leave in June and I am slowly starting to develop my business :) I will be grateful for all the tips!

Hi Seishin,

Best of luck with he move and the business..

I might be able to point you in the right direction..

Few quick questions to get started..
    1) What are the goods? The duty rates can be found on the tariff database but if you don’t have a HS code or aren’t familiar with the database it can be a pain to use..
    2) Would you be setting up a VAT registered company or importing the goods as if for personal use

Regards
    Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seishin01

I'm going to import product from china for selling this in ireland and I will want talk to big shop for cooperation because I want import many different product. I reading in other forums How I can started VAT company, but I still don't know. Some people wrote something about the tax threshold of 75k euros, maybe you know something about it? Are there any income thresholds required? If I want to bring a product from outside the EU to ireland then I have to pay:
    - duty
    - Vat
    - insurance
    - transport (when choosing FOB)
    - customs clearance costs, etc.
    - something else?

Thanks andrew for reply ! :)

Advertisement