Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Titan [Netflix Original]

Options
  • 21-03-2018 3:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The latest Netflix Original Film - no wait, don't leave the thread... it might be good this time! :D

They're definitely leaning into science fiction quite a bit - feels like every second new film/TV series has a distinct sci-fi edge.

Trailer below, and tbh it looks like a straightforward 'science goes wrong' meets 'base under siege' kind of flick. No idea if this is yet another 'dump it on Netflix and run' kind of deal, but fingers crossed it's a good 'un.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm. Sam Worthington isn't a particularly impressive primary cast member, but if (unlike many of the Originals) the script is actually lean and focused enough, it could be good. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw a trailer a while ago, didn't realise it was a Netflix effort (I assume they hadn't acquired it yet when I saw the trailer). Looks like it could go wither way, probably a reason it's getting dumped there and not theatres though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's definitely a low-mid budget effort; and in many respects this is precisely what streaming services should be good for, bringing these small genre features to a wider audience than would ever be possible with a more-expensive theatrical release.

Sure, The Titan doesn't look all that special, and the more tat that gets 'dumped' on Netflix, the more it'll reciprocally dissuade stronger features from taking a risk swimming in waters clogged with z-movies; but equally I'd like to believe the pearls will still pop up, and they'll get a suite of decent indie genre work ala A24 or similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

What a terrible movie, pretty much fell asleep half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    What a terrible movie, pretty much fell asleep half way through.

Is this available in Ireland,cant find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pretty terrible here too.
    Feels like they went from him shaving his head to being full on alien.
    Pacing was pretty terrible

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This reminds me of what avatar would be like if SyFy made it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Pretty poor...I was still waiting for something to happen when I realized it was all (thankfully) over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

This reminds me of what avatar would be like if SyFy made it

Don't you mean The Asylum?

Skerries wrote: »
    Don't you mean The Asylum?

Same thing at this stage considering that most SyFy originals are Asylum productions. I've not seen The Titan yet but based on the trailer it's a masterpiece compared to anything put out by The Asylum or SyFy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement