Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring thermal store stats

Options
  • 21-03-2018 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey all, hopefully some of you can offer some advise for my heating setup. House is a new build 3500ft currently under construction, heating is as follows;
    Underfloor heating upstairs and down
    Heatmiser Neo Stat for each room
    2 x towel rads
    Grant Vortex condensing boiler (boiler House model )
    4 x 2.5sqm Joule on roof solar panels
    500L Joule thermal store
    21kw stove with back boiler

I am planning on putting 2 x stats on the store, 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom, the bottom one will turn off the boiler when it reaches 70 degrees and the top one will turn the boiler back on when the store cools to 50 degrees to reduce short cycling the boiler, however to do this I need to use a latching relay ( Does anyone have a wiring diagram handy to do this? ).
    I will also be using the top dual stat to turn on the pump for towel rads should the store reach temps over 85 degrees.

Advertisement