Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a formal complaint with Eir

Options
  • 21-03-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I signed up to a new phone and broadband contract with Eir on March 3rd, and have had nothing but issues with both services since. Initially, my broadband did not work for over a week, and I spent a lot of time being passed around customer service departments to be told to return to the shop to get a new SIM. I tried the online chat help and was cut off multiple times by customer care representatives who clearly did not want to deal with any issues. They used tactics like asking a question, then responding a couple of seconds later with "I have not heard from you in awhile, are you still there", then cutting off the chat, all within the same minute on the chat log transcript.

I received a new SIM from the shop, only to then find out that my phone and broadband numbers had been swapped around when the broadband cut me off a day later. They said it was being rectified and would take a couple of days to swap, only to then have my phone cut off with No Service for 3/4 days. I was told that there had been a lot of strange errors on my account when they swapped me over from the old system to the new Eir system which had taken time to resolve.

Went into an Eir shop I passed at the time for them to tell me there was nothing they could do, it could be 3 days before it came back again and they could not give me another SIM to use my phone in the meantime as there was no manager on at the time. Again went back to the original shop I signed up with a couple of days later when service had not returned, and they gave me 2 new SIM cards for the phone and broadband. This resolved the issue of having no service, but then was told that my data was wiped on both the phone and broadband (which I had never been using data from as the numbers were swapped).

The guy I was dealing with in the Eir store was very helpful, but it was extremely frustrating for him too, as he was also being cut off from customer service when he called, then on the online chat he was told I could have 1gb additional data on my phone (which was ridiculously low as it was seen as I hadn't been allowed use data all month) then to find out they had split it over the month, so because I still had 6 days until my billing cycle ended, I was actually only given a measly 200mb of data for my phone, and nothing for my broadband. He came into work multiple times on his days off to try resolve the issue, but to no avail as of yet.

I have tried lodging a formal complaint by email, only to see the message "We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you." Sounds more like they are being inundated with complaints and are trying to cut them off, as I have spoke with others that have received the same terrible customer service.

I live an hour and a half from where I work, and usually work from home a few days a week. Because of this issue I have had to bear a cost of a few hundred euro over the last 3 weeks between travelling that journey twice a day to the office, travelling into the Eir store (which is near where I work) about 10 times paying for parking each time, to be given a measly 200mb of data for my phone and still no broadband and no resolution or reimbursement.

I am beyond frustrated with the appalling customer service from Eir, and the utter disrespect I have been shown. I feel like cutting off my direct debit and walking away at this stage. If this issue is not resolved today, and I have been satisfactorily reimbursed for the substantial cost over the last 3 weeks, the lack of phone and broadband service and utter disrespect I have been shown, I will have no choice but to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi lalalady1990,

I completely understand your frustration and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I will be more than happy to follow this up with the complaints department for you in order to ensure your complaint is logged and we get a resolution for you as soon as possible.

If you could send on your account details and link me to where you experienced the issue when attempting to log this I will escalate this on immediatley.

Kind regards,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lalalady1990

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi lalalady1990,

I completely understand your frustration and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I will be more than happy to follow this up with the complaints department for you in order to ensure your complaint is logged and we get a resolution for you as soon as possible.

If you could send on your account details and link me to where you experienced the issue when attempting to log this I will escalate this on immediatley.

Kind regards,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Here is the link, if you expand the Email Us section you will see this. www. eir. ie /about/ contact/

I will DM you my account details.

Thanks

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you shortly.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I have sent you a DM to request to expedite response to my complaint, as given the 3 weeks I have already been waiting, another 2 days wait time is really unacceptable at this point, I need the issue resolved today or I will be taking further action. Thanks

Thanks a million,

I will get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi Sarah,

It has been hours since I sent that message and I need to know that I will have internet by tomorrow, can you please let me know that my issue is being addressed.

I tried calling customer care again and was told that I had used this data, despite the fact that it was not working, and then when I tried to cancel my contracts, they hung up on me. This is the worst customer care I have ever experienced and I can't even cancel it it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I tried calling customer care again and was told that I had used this data, despite the fact that it was not working, and then when I tried to cancel my contracts, they hung up on me. This is the worst customer care I have ever experienced and I can't even cancel it it seems.
    Hi lalalady1990 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

In order to cancel you will need to speak with our customer support team on 1901 and give 30 days cancellation notice. Please note that any overdue balance needs to be cleared and before we can take your cancellation notice.

Thanks

Thomas

Seen as they have been hanging up on me, that is proving impossible to do.

I would have thought that customer service would be more interested in resolving the issue than pointing me in the direction of the cancellation team, still have no internet and no one in Eir customer care actually cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Cancel your direct debit,pay them nothing and give them no notice. Ring and explain you've cancelled and record your call as proof.They have already broken the terms of the contract by not supplying you with a product fit for purpose. the sooner government sort these phone/internet providers out the better. get away with murder they do.

• Advertisement

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Cancel your direct debit,pay them nothing and give them no notice. Ring and explain you've  cancelled and record your call as proof.They have already broken the terms of the contract by not supplying you with a product fit for purpose. the sooner government sort these phone/internet providers out the better. get away with murder they do.
    They're not leaving me with much choice only to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Cancel your direct debit,pay them nothing and give them no notice. Ring and explain you've  cancelled and record your call as proof.They have already broken the terms of the contract by not supplying you with a product fit for purpose. the sooner government sort these phone/internet providers out the better. get away with murder they do.
    Hi: ccm@eir.ie is their complaints e-mail (ask for a reference number, always, when complaining -- and keep asking until they give you one). 

Cancel your direct debits. You've already expressed your wish to cancel, and you're very entitled to do so.

If you wish, file a complaint with ComReg here: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/  (use the online chat -- it's very fast and easy -- they will pursue on your behalf to get issues resolved).

rat_race wrote: »
    Hi: ccm@eir.ie is their complaints e-mail (ask for a reference number, always, when complaining -- and keep asking until they give you one). 

Cancel your direct debits. You've already expressed your wish to cancel, and you're very entitled to do so.

If you wish, file a complaint with ComReg here: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/  (use the online chat -- it's very fast and easy -- they will pursue on your behalf to get issues resolved).
    Thanks for the information! That is the Eir email I have filed my complaint to, but I will also file one with ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

rat_race wrote: »

Thanks for the information! That is the Eir email I have filed my complaint to, but I will also file one with ComReg.
    No problem. Don't count on a response (I found it was a matter of luck). ComReg will ask for a reference number, and will say you should wait up to ten days for one. Wait that amount of time and then tell ComReg they wouldn't give you one, and they will pursue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I'd just add; don't rely on the info from Eir alone re Eir's complaint procedure or their obligations (been there, got the year of fruitless work).  It may still be incomplete/badly written.  Other sources of info include the Consumer & Broadband forums, Citizens Advice, and Comreg itself, which has contact details on its website for asking questions at any time.  (I'm not up-to-date on Eir's obligations, but in my case Eircom waited till it was next stop Comreg before informing us that they had no obligation to provide a line capable of internet access).

I hope this upgrading of eir's email platform includes a maximum character count reflecting the IT advances of recent decades!

Advertisement