Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grange Castle GC

Options
  • 21-03-2018 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anyone here a member of Grange Castle? I was thinking of going for the €325 pay and play membership as I will only be able to play 1/max 2 weekends a month this year. So that kind of deal would suit me. does anyone know if its a very busy course, easy to get down on time sheets and all the rest?

thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone here a member of Grange Castle? I was thinking of going for the €325 pay and play membership as I will only be able to play 1/max 2 weekends a month this year. So that kind of deal would suit me. does anyone know if its a very busy course, easy to get down on time sheets and all the rest?

thanks in advance...

I've just left. It's a good course, greens are fantastic. They're continuously updating the course. It's run by a management company know what they're doing so it's well run.

But it is very busy, possibly one of the busiest around. Weekend comps go live on Monday morning 7.30. You have around 5 minutes otherwise you're on the waiting list. Waiting list works well, I've never not gotten out. No restaurant/bar being a let down.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it, especially at that price.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sydneygolfdude

Thanks for the tips Tyson. Ya think I am going to take the risk as its a good price and I just want to keep ticking over somewhere for the year. Ill reassess next year and hopefully ill have more time to play. do you mind me asking? have you joined anywhere new yourself?

Member there for the last 2 years have renewed this year and would agree with what tyson fury said, busy enough for comps but waiting list works very well generally in very good nick and can see improvements over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks for the tips Tyson. Ya think I am going to take the risk as its a good price and I just want to keep ticking over somewhere for the year. Ill reassess next year and hopefully ill have more time to play. do you mind me asking? have you joined anywhere new yourself?

Yeah I've joined Craddockstown mainly because of location and they have a under 35 deal which is good. However if I hadn't moved I would have stayed in Grange Castle.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I can echo what others have said. Good value course that is improving all the time. Comps are very busy but, again, I have never not gotten out when put on the Waiting List.

I would love if they could develop a half-decent practice area.

Also, very important, but it's generally playable all year round and in seven years of membership I have never come across a temporary green there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Just left. Great course but got a student deal elsewhere for same price as pay and play there

Would rather GC to my new course but timesheet is a nightmare
    Nice bunch of members

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭FazyLucker

Would there be any chance of an updated status on Grange Castle GC please? I'm on the look out for somewhere to join. How hard is it to get on the Saturday time sheets for example? (I'm a time poor golfer so would be aiming for the first to tee off every Saturday!). Are Saturday comps 4 balls? Is the course well kept and is there much social life connected to the club? (The social life is a low priority btw).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Can't comment on how things are currently, was a member years ago.

Comps were usually always 3-balls and timesheet was under heavy pressure especially on Sat mornings as they're relatively restricted for their members as they have heavy society traffic generally.

Generally sound lads in there, but social is practically zero. There's no proper clubhouse, it's really just the shop with a couple of seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I think it is 4 balls now and the condition isnt as good as when I was a member

Its also got dearer and dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I was a member there around 7 years ago. Loved the course, really good quality especially if you are starting out in the game. The main issue always was the time it took to get around, especially for something like a Medal competition. One saturday it was 6 hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement