Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another cyclist killed..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

RIP to the poor kid. Only 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Desperate news. RIP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah ****. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

RIP, sad news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - the usual comments/restrictions apply. condolences only in this thread please - if you have an issue with the way this is reported, please take it to the journalism thread. i know it's an emotive issue, but this is not the place to grind an axe - however much you think it's justified - with the reporting of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Was along that road just before it happened.......arrived in to find herself texting to see where I was when news of the collision was reported on FB.

Desperately sad that anyone would be killed, but an absolute tragedy that it's someone so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

RIP. Thoughts are with deceased, family and the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Very sad. I could not imagine the grief of his parents. RIP and sympathy to family and friends.

@moic122 It’s not the time to speculate. The journalists choice of words is just his choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

doolox wrote: »
    Probably not the most reckless driver on the road, they are usually steady enough people. I have known train and bus drivers who have had to give up their jobs after fatally hitting human beings in the course of their jobs. Lets hope the driver finds the courage to continue in his job and lets hope nothing was left to chance regarding maintenance, driver fitness etc in this tragic case.

Reminds me of the Kentstown accident with a school bus some years ago.

Meath roads can be very tricky and variable for such a rich county especially R roads.

In this case the road is long and straight with good visibility...hard to imagine what happened on such a nice day.

Poor kid...RIP

I'd say there's a few of us here who'd ride this road a bit. All deaths like this are tragic but at 17 the poor lad had so much ahead of him. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

RIP young man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

RIP, such a sad sad loss :(

Advertisement