Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Travelling Studentships

Options
  • 20-03-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone have the 'inside scoop' on the NUI Travelling Studentship competition? I had search pretty hard to find it in the first place - it doesn't seem to be very well advertised. Kinda hoping that that means the number of applicants would be quite low as far as these funding competitions go but maybe I'm being stupidly hopeful? Anyone else applying this year?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My husband won it 5 years ago. Sorry to disappoint you but they have huge numbers of applicants. It's very, very well known.

Give it a shot though!

He succeeded in part by getting help from two friends who are academics (not in his field incidentally) who helped with feedback on his proposal. He'd say this was a big factor in his success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EdGrad

Thanks! Makes sense – it’s a great opportunity! Any idea of the success rate?

I submitted a PhD proposal as part of my PhD application which resulted in an offer a UK university earlier this month. Before submission I had LOTS of feedback from my potential supervisor, friends in academia etc. The only thing is I was limited to 1500 words for my PhD app, whereas the NUI proposal can be up to 5000. I’m planning to use my original proposal as a basis for an extended proposal that I’ll submit to NUI but may not have time to ask anyone to look over it…

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EdGrad

Anyone here been invited to interview? I was invited last week so spending a lot of time preparing. Would love to hear from fellow interviewees and all advice/helpful pointers from past interviewees would be most appreciated!

Advertisement