Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished Apple laptop from Apple directly

Options
  • 20-03-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a laptop - refurbished and directly from Apple.
    Anyone with experiences? I had a proper browse on various websites, read all pros and cons but a “real life” experience is better.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

haminka wrote: »
    Looking to buy a laptop - refurbished and directly from Apple.
    Anyone with experiences? I had a proper browse on various websites, read all pros and cons but a “real life” experience is better.

There is a Mac section here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=108 for Mac desktops and laptops. If you search for refurb there, you should find plenty of threads asking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

whiterebel wrote: »
    There is a Mac section here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=108 for Mac desktops and laptops. If you search for refurb there, you should find plenty of threads asking the same thing.

Just as a matter of interest, I bought a refurbished iPad Pro a few weeks back and other items also from Apple refurb store. Everything is perfect. Immaculate condition and like new. Only difference is in the packaging and the price. Certainly recommended. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have a personal and a work MBP from the refurb store.

Have had issues with the 13" (after 2 years heavy use), but fixed free of charge under the extended Irish law warranty. Also, I don't put the issue down to it being from the reburb store - I've heard that refurbed devices are often better tested than factory ones.

Spend the extra over the regular store on a bigger SSD. :)

Advertisement