Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill 5s

Options
  • 20-03-2018 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why they were cancelled and will they return this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Don't know why they were cancelled but this replaced it last year: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.facebook.com/FivesForLivesSoccer[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]They raised huge funds for Pieta House.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]@FivesforLives are delighted to annnounce that it’s now full steam ahead for the Galway 5 aside tournament in[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Salthill Park on the weekend off the 2nd June 2018 [/font]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Anyone know why they were cancelled and will they return this year?

Think SDFC had event fatigue, 40 years long time to be organising an event for a largely similar committee.
    Great event to watch and play in. Summer soccer meant it lost the LOI teams and some of the lustre.
    The 1991 final was something else 2 GUFC teams in it after winning cup and about 5000 watching.
    Hopefully the new version will last as long

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

youngrun wrote: »
    The 1991 final was something else 2 GUFC teams in it after winning cup and about 5000 watching.

First fives I ever went to. I think GU's "B" team beat the first team 5-1. That was a great United team.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭howyanow

It was a pity they were cancelled.was a great event up until the league of Ireland players went to summer soccer.great venue for it when the sun was shining.I remember showjumping in the park.was it a once off or regular thing?Im surprised there werent more events/gigs in the park.The hills make for a great viewi g point

Advertisement