Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text message query

Options
  • 20-03-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a time limit on how long a mobile provider will continue attempting to deliver a text.
    I sent a message to completely the wrong person ( in every sense) this morning. This person is in the States until Thursday morning and as their phone is fairly ancient it does not work over there.
    If I knew the duration that the message will continue attempting to send, or better still could alter this duration I could relax a bit. I remember a few years ago there was a setting to change this on the phone itself, but I can't find anything on my current phone.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They'll get it. Start coming up with your excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The term used is "message validity"
    It can be set to hours, days or the maximum set by the network.
    But you have to set it before the message is sent.
    I remember getting a notification of non delivery of a message a week after I'd sent it (recipient had phone off). To get such a notification requires "delivery report" to be set "on".

Ask your provider what the default message validity setting is and look it up in the manual for your phone.

Advertisement