Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No common on pull chord switch

Options
  • 20-03-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi. Had to replace pull chord switch in bathroom for fan. New switch doesn't have common terminal like old one, just L1 and L2. Can L2 be used as common or have I been sold the wrong switch? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

mark4711 wrote: »
    Hi. Had to replace pull chord switch in bathroom for fan. New switch doesn't have common terminal like old one, just L1 and L2. Can L2 be used as common or have I been sold the wrong switch? Cheers.

I'll start by saying that it sounds like you shouldn't be doing this.
    L1 will be for the live from the switch board and L2 will be for the live to the shower.
    Are there any other terminals in the switch? Is it actually for a shower? What type of shower do you have...electric or pump? What is the amp rating of the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mark4711

Hi, thanks for the reply. I ended up just taking it back to the shop and indeed I had been sold a shower switch not one for extractor fan. So all sorted now, many thanks.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

mark4711 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I ended up just taking it back to the shop and indeed I had been sold a shower switch not one for extractor fan. So all sorted now, many thanks.

No worries. I misread your post above and thought you were looking for a shower pull cord. Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement