Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near National Stadium

Options
  • 20-03-2018 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Going to a concert at the National Stadium tomorrow night. Parking seems to be at a premium there. Any suggestions? Coming up from the sticks so not familiar with the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's any amount of parking around there in the evening! The parking directly in front of the Stadium is free as far as I can remember (but is a clearway until 1900), across the road and the side streets off the SCR are pay and display but I think would be free from 1830/1900 (not 100% sure of that, but I doubt it'd be pay till midnight, can check if I'm down that way later today).

It will be heavily used by local residents but you'll most definitely get parking somewhere in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You may struggle to get parking on the side roads after 6.30 to be honest - but you should get a spot on a lane off Greenville Terrace (go down by the Spar opposite Griffith College and take the first left). Pay & Display also.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭PatM65

Thanks for the suggestions. Should get there before 6 all going well.

Managed to get parking on the SCR itself near Donore Avenue. No parking charge and just a short stroll to the National Stadium.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What was the gig? I walked past at about 18:45. Massive queue.

• Advertisement

shane. wrote: »
    park across the canal around clogher road, free parking and 10 minute walk

Well, it was last night.

And Dodie, of whom I've never heard.

She's a YouTube sensation and blogger who is extremely popular with teenage girls and actually very talented.

Sold out the National Stadium and played Belfast on Tuesday night.

Felt positively ancient there last night.

PatM65 wrote: »
    She's a YouTube sensation and blogger who is extremely popular with teenage girls and actually very talented.

Sold out the National Stadium and played Belfast on Tuesday night.

Felt positively ancient there last night.

Not being a teenage girl...thanks :)

Advertisement