Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work problem

Options
  • 19-03-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I've been told my hours are to be changed to mornings. Do I have to accept? I've planned my family's like around the hours I was given and if I have to change hours then I will be required to give my notice.

My contract states 8-5:30pm. But was changed by oral agreement to evenings. I've been doing the same shift for 18 months.

Just need advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Contracts usually have a clause stating that hours can be changed depending on business needs. The fact that your contracts states days and you agreed to change previously, does suggest that change is acceptable depending on needs. Put your case to them, if you have a young family and due to schooling/childcare etc arrangements you need to stay on the hours you currently work, they may be amenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Employee hours/days can be changed provided they are given appropriate notice.
    A month is considered appropriate time in employment legislation.

Advertisement