Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Doty on the Parcast.

Options
  • 19-03-2018 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

Excellent interview video below.

Richard Doty
    Is a retired Master Sergeant who worked as a special agent for AFOSI (the Air Force Office of Special Investigations). He holds BS in Police Science from Chapman College, Orange, CA, and an MA in Public Administration from the University of New Mexico.
    After his retirement from AFOSI he worked as a consultant for the Defense Intelligence Agency from Jan 91 to Mar 92. After that, he started working for the New Mexico State Police in Gallup, NM, as a division patrol sergeant.

Richard Doty is the Fox Mulder of Ufology working for the government investigated UFO phenomenon. He alleges he was briefed about the Roswell crash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

For some reason I won't bother listening to what he says.
    http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/12/1554-richard-doty.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Ipso wrote: »
    For some reason I won't bother listening to what he says.
    http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/12/1554-richard-doty.html

Richard Doty is the real deal blogger is a moron. Doty was blamed for passing on UFO disinformation during the 80's because it was his job to protect national security secrets. He had high-level connections to people involved in the cover-up There no dispute he worked for the intelligence wing of the AirForce. The UFO community distrusts everyone and anyone who is a government agent. There is no evidence Doty was the author of Project Serpo. Doty addresses this very issue during the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Excellent interview video below.

Richard Doty
    Is a retired Master Sergeant who worked as a special agent for AFOSI (the Air Force Office of Special Investigations). He holds BS in Police Science from Chapman College, Orange, CA, and an MA in Public Administration from the University of New Mexico.
    After his retirement from AFOSI he worked as a consultant for the Defense Intelligence Agency from Jan 91 to Mar 92. After that, he started working for the New Mexico State Police in Gallup, NM, as a division patrol sergeant.

Richard Doty is the Fox Mulder of Ufology working for the government investigated UFO phenomenon. He alleges he was briefed about the Roswell crash.
    What evidence does he present?
    Or is the entire thing based on his authority and work history somehow makes him infallible and above questioning?

King Mob wrote: »
    What evidence does he present?
    Or is the entire thing based on his authority and work history somehow makes him infallible and above questioning?

His involvement in the UFO field for twenty years. He does not just appear all of a sudden and make strange claims. He was always known to be a government agent in UFO circles going back to the Lazar days, even before that.

Richard Doty was an advisor for the X files. Lot of stories you saw came from Doty. He currently advising on Hollywood film about Area 51. You don't get brought in to advice if your some looney with no background.

His involvement in the UFO field for twenty years. He does not just appear all of a sudden and make strange claims. He was always known to be a government agent in UFO circles going back to the Lazar days, even before that.

Richard Doty was an advisor for the X files. Lot of stories you saw came from Doty. He currently advising on Hollywood film about Area 51. You don't get brought in to advice if your some looney with no background.
    So what evidence does he present beyond his claimed authority?
    Or should we just not question him because he's a government agent?

Have you even checked if he actually did all of that stuff?

• Advertisement

So what evidence does he present beyond his claimed authority?
    Or should we just not question him because he's a government agent?

Have you even checked if he actually did all of that stuff?

He does not do radio interviews often. I not sure if anyone asked him can he provide material proof and would he? He only had 4 radio interviews in 20 years. Three of them this year, so he only talking about his experiences for the first time this year. Enjoy the ride and keep an open mind doesn't mean you have to come away believing everything he said it beats sitting down watching a boring film for a couple of hours.

Hardline Skeptic take on it, so just to give both sides points of view.

https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/05/29/mirage-men-a-new-chapter-in-ufology/

He does not do radio interviews often. I not sure if anyone asked him can he provide material proof and would he? He only had 4 radio interviews in 20 years. Three of them this year, so he only talking about his experiences for the first time this year. Enjoy the ride and keep an open mind doesn't mean you have to come away believing everything he said it beats sitting down watching a boring film for a couple of hours.
    So if he doesn't provide any more proof than, as you called them, "some looney with no background" what about him is particularly worth considering?

You see, you and the people doing the podcast and presumably himself are trying to sell this guy solely on his claimed authority. (Which I am not even sure he has in the first place.)
    But it seems that that's all he has going for him and he doesn't provide anything that some randomer couldn't just dream up.

So if he doesn't provide any more proof than, as you called them, "some looney with no background" what about him is particularly worth considering?

You see, you and the people doing the podcast and presumably himself are trying to sell this guy solely on his claimed authority. (Which I am not even sure he has in the first place.)
    But it seems that that's all he has going for him and he doesn't provide anything that some randomer couldn't just dream up.

I guess his air force intelligence job and his longtime association with the UFO community, I think least puts in the realm of possibility he saw what he claims he did. It always a bad sign when someone comes along and claims to have insider knowledge but you can't find out if they worked there or not. We know Doty worked at Kirkland Airbase a Top secret US CIA and NSA facility.

I guess his air force intelligence job and his longtime association with the UFO community, I think least puts in the realm of possibility he saw what he claims he did.
    If that claim is true, it's possible.
    But even then, the more likely explanation is still Ex-airforce guy is lying or delusional.

Without any actual hard evidence, his claims aren't any different from "loonies with no background,"
    He can just sell his claims better because he has better marketing.

• Advertisement

If that claim is true, it's possible.
    But even then, the more likely explanation is still Ex-airforce guy is lying or delusional.

Without any actual hard evidence, his claims aren't any different from "loonies with no background,"
    He can just sell his claims better because he has better marketing.

I agree and disagree. I agree he could be telling fibs. On the other hand background matters. You have to have an important job to be anywhere close to the cover-up. His job would put him in that position. I think it worth a listen even just to hear something that potentially might be the truth!

In 1983 Linda Moulton Howe met Doty at the airbase and he passed on information to her. Could be disinformation back then or the truth he was employed by the Airforce then. He now retired.

March 26, 2004 Lancaster, California - Twenty-one years ago on April 9, 1983, I was at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico, interviewing an Air Force Office of Special Investigations Agent named Richard C. Doty. I was working on a documentary special for Home Box Office entitled, UFOs: The E.T. Factor. During that meeting, Richard Doty handed me several typed pages as he said, "My superiors have asked me to show this to you. You can read the document and ask me questions, but you can't take notes." The top page said in all capitols centered on the page.

I agree and disagree. I agree he could be telling fibs. On the other hand background matters. You have to have an important job to be anywhere close to the cover-up. His job would put him in that position. I think it worth a listen even just to hear something that potentially might be the truth!
    You haven't done much to convince anyone that he is providing anything close to the truth. Just because he claims to have a job doesn't come close to enough to entertain the existence of aliens or whatever.

Further, if he really did have any real authority and the things he claimed really did happen, then he could presumably offer something more than an argument than authority. But since you are relying on his authority alone, and seemingly don't think tangible proof is important, I'm going to guess he has none. That in turn casts doubt on his truth.

He's not the first person to market themselves as an insider who worked inside a secret base etc.
    Usually these people are telling fibs about their job in the first place. Exaggerating if not outright telling lies about it.

So listing out his supposed qualifications and expecting that to impress people into taking him more seriously than some randomer is an appeal to authority and essentially trying to trick people with marketing.

You haven't done much to convince anyone that he is providing anything close to the truth. Just because he claims to have a job doesn't come close to enough to entertain the existence of aliens or whatever.

Further, if he really did have any real authority and the things he claimed really did happen, then he could presumably offer something more than an argument than authority. But since you are relying on his authority alone, and seemingly don't think tangible proof is important, I'm going to guess he has none. That in turn casts doubt on his truth.

He's not the first person to market themselves as an insider who worked inside a secret base etc.
    Usually these people are telling fibs about their job in the first place. Exaggerating if not outright telling lies about it.

So listing out his supposed qualifications and expecting that to impress people into taking him more seriously than some randomer is an appeal to authority and essentially trying to trick people with marketing.

This isn't about convincing you. if you don't what to listen don't. Not going to ruin my day if you don't.

This isn't about convincing you. if you don't what to listen don't. Not going to ruin my day if you don't.
    But what convinced you? What evidence did he provide that makes you think it's worth the time? Was him claiming his authority enough to convince you? And if so what did you do to confirm that authority?

Or did you just believe what he said from the get go?

Advertisement