Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenveagh

Options
  • 19-03-2018 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Glenveagh is on edge of building a substantial amount of new homes across Dublin, with the potential of huge returns especially with the acquisition of smart sites.

Yet the share price is in nose dive this month and no sign of slowing down.

What would the cause of this and would folks consider a long term investment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Glenveagh is on edge of building a substantial amount of new homes across Dublin, with the potential of huge returns especially with the acquisition of smart sites.

Yet the share price is in nose dive this month and no sign of slowing down.

What would the cause of this and would folks consider a long term investment?

Not sure about the cause, but all the building companies, REITS etc. are down too.

I personally think the news that house price inflation is slowing due to buyers hitting the Central bank lending limits....might be one reason.

I think Glenveagh are also particularly vulnerable as they do not have a proven track record of bringing in large developments at a profit (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 s3ndnudes

Will definitely be interested in hearing other boardsies' (new hear I think that's what they're called!) responses.

Do you know if this stock or Cairn Homes can be bought on degiro? Think there is good growth at least in the medium term and hoping to get a bit of exposure to the rollercoster that is Irish property on my degiro account.

On degiro when I search for them, all the details on them tend to be blank...

Advertisement