Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank holiday in lieu today

Options
  • 19-03-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

So we have Monday - Friday service on Dublin bus today

And we have a Sunday service on Irish rail today

(Of course last city to Maynooth train is before 9pm tonight for the 3rd day running )

Can anyone get their head around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm in work today and just discovered that it won't be paid as a premium day yet, if Christmas Day falls on a Saturday, we get premium pay for the Monday following. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'm in work today and just discovered that it won't be paid as a premium day yet, if Christmas Day falls on a Saturday, we get premium pay for the Monday following. :confused:

The Bank holiday rules apply. If you work today you're entitled to your day's pay plus pay (depending on the rules i.e. full day if full time worker have worked yada yada) pay for the bank holiday or day in lieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The Bank holiday rules apply. If you work today you're entitled to your day's pay plus pay (depending on the rules i.e. full day if full time worker have worked yada yada) pay for the bank holiday or day in lieu.

No they don't, the rules are based on public holidays, not bank holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

GM228 wrote: »
    No they don't, the rules are based on public holidays, not bank holidays.

You're right, Saturday was the Public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I get a day in lieu and also if it fell on a rest day. If I was rostered in and got it off then no lieu day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

thomasj wrote: »
    (Of course last city to Maynooth train is before 9pm tonight for the 3rd day running )

The Maynooth line is an absolute disgrace. Governments have poured hundreds of millions of euro into new Luas extensions while the Maynooth line, existing infrastructure, is totally underused.

When the Maynooth-Clonsilla part was twin tracked over 15 years ago it should have seen a huge increase in frequency with bus services around the D15 area serving into the local stations.

Utter moronity.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The Maynooth line is an absolute disgrace. Governments have poured hundreds of millions of euro into new Luas extensions while the Maynooth line, existing infrastructure, is totally underused.

Unfortunately the key problem with rail timetables not changing over the past two years is is that because there are no spare qualified drivers to operate such expanded services because of the ongoing union dispute over mentoring between Irish Rail and SIPTU/NBRU.

Advertisement