Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infababy (Uberchild) travel systems vs Bugaboo

Options
  • 18-03-2018 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

looking for some feedback/thoughts from parents here. Partner and I are looking at our travel systems now, and looking at the Bugaboo brand, although second hand, but I dont understand what makes them 'better' than other brands, maybe someone could shed some light here? I do think they look the part and are well accessorised. We're looking at the Cameleon 3, though would be second hand as they are €400ish on adverts/donedeal compared to over €1k in store new which to me just seems insane...

I have also seen others mentioning on this forum and on FB about Infababy (used to be called Uberchild) and that its a good, sturdy system. Has anyone gotten one of these? What one would you recommend, and it does seem amazing value (same price as second hand bugaboo + car seat!) but im wondering does it feel cheap/break easy? Is it easy to fold and manage?

Am looking to sort this out in next couple of weeks as we are 7 months along. Any opinions on Bugaboo or the Infababy travel set would be much appreciated!

Edit: Other stupid questions...
    1. How long should a pram last for for the child, from birth? Read that some thought the Infababy set did not last long, but surely pram sizes are standard?
    2. Same question for car seat; how long should first one last? Are there car seat versions that can do for longer years? Any recommendations for Bugaboo compatible ones would be appreciated (Infababy have their own with their travel set)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

I have a Bugaboo Cameleon 3. The reason I bought this is because my boot wouldn't be huge and this folds up quite small, smaller than silver cross and uppababy anyway.

3 of my friends had the same pram for their babies and they recommended it also. However there are a few things that annoy me about the pram.

The car seat i got with it (the be safe) is a bit hard for me to get out of the isofix. My sister had a different car seat and hers was ok so I think it's the make of car seat. I got it changed and its still the same.

When you have the bassinet part on (which you use until the baby is approx 5 months) it's very hard to put anything underneath the pram as there isn't a big gap. This really bugged me as there is no where to hang a bag so was annoying when going the shops. In saying that though when the car seat or buggy part is in use I can get to underneath storage ok.

The rain cover takes up a lot of the underneath storage and have to try squeeze it out when it's needed.

These are the only things that annoyed me about the pram. My baby is 6 1/2 months now so is in the buggy part and I actually love the pram. It's better looking than some other prams on the market and the covers are completely washable and you can even change the colour if you want.

The straps on the buggy are really easy to use and the pram is easy to fold and light.

The cameleon has great suspension too and will do you until the child no longer needs a pram so you'll get your monies worth.

I've no experience at all of the other pram. Love the bugaboo justthe storage annoyed me which is a small thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

xpletiv wrote: »
    Hi all,

looking for some feedback/thoughts from parents here. Partner and I are looking at our travel systems now, and looking at the Bugaboo brand, although second hand, but I dont understand what makes them 'better' than other brands, maybe someone could shed some light here? I do think they look the part and are well accessorised. We're looking at the Cameleon 3, though would be second hand as they are €400ish on adverts/donedeal compared to over €1k in store new which to me just seems insane...

I have also seen others mentioning on this forum and on FB about Infababy (used to be called Uberchild) and that its a good, sturdy system. Has anyone gotten one of these? What one would you recommend, and it does seem amazing value (same price as second hand bugaboo + car seat!) but im wondering does it feel cheap/break easy? Is it easy to fold

Edit: Other stupid questions...
    1. How long should a pram last for for the child, from birth? Read that some thought the Infababy set did not last long, but surely pram sizes are standard?
    2. Same question for car seat; how long should first one last? Are there car seat versions that can do for longer years? Any recommendations for Bugaboo compatible ones would be appreciated (Infababy have their own with their travel set)

The bassinet should be used until the baby starts trying to pull himself up which my baby did and I changed to the buggy part at 5 months.

There are 2 car seats comparable with the bugaboo....the be-safe seems to be most popular. This can be used until the child reachesa certain height/weight.

My friend used hers bugaboo until her child was 3 so I'm expecting to use it for that long too....unless my child prefers to walk.

Oh and congrats by the way....so exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

There are a few different threads with feedback on Uberchild just in case you haven’t seen them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I have the Uberchild Moto. I love it. My son is 4 months old and although we use the bassinet part for him to nap in sometimes at home, he is so nosey we put him in the buggy when we are out walking. It's a very easy travel system and we got the Isofix base too. It is lightweight and the wheels just click off if your boot is small. I watched a Youtube video on how it was used to get more of a feel for it as it is so hard to imagine it in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a bugaboo cameleon which we got brand new for my first son in 2014. We had besafe car seat and isofix. Sold the bedafe and base after 7 months.
    Used the bugaboo for him up until last year when he was 3. Washed it etc and used it again on baby number 2 (who is 7 months old). I bought a new maxi cosi car seat amd isofix. He is still using pram. It’s a dream to push.
    We have a baby jogger city mini in the boot of the car.
    You should look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Am really considering the second hand bugaboo, just cause of ease of getting everything together. I have seen a few on donedeal and adverts, would there be anything to look out for just in case when buying second hand buggies/car seat & isofix base?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Am really considering the second hand bugaboo, just cause of ease of getting everything together. I have seen a few on donedeal and adverts, would there be anything to look out for just in case when buying second hand buggies/car seat & isofix base?

I am a bit weird with car seats so I would buy car seat and base brand new.
    Our bugaboo is still perfect so no known faults to report of! Everything goes into the washing machine which is so handy ;) The wheels pop off too in case you need to for the boot.
    I bought a new mattress though for my second baby. Great size carrycot....my 7 month old still in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’d also stay away from second hand car seats / isofix bases unless you know and trust the person you’re buying it off. Car seats should be disposed of if they’ve been in an accident as they may have been damaged and are no longer safe. You don’t know how a second hand car seat has been treated / if it’s been in a crash. I’d happily get a second hand buggy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Would not buy a second hard carseat or mattress of any type, or take one from a friend. Anything else is fine, just check if you get a breastpump that it's a closed system.
    We went through two cheaper prams and strollers on our first. Bought a bugaboo for number two and it was a far better buy. More comfortable to push and no hassle at all. We used it day in and day out for three years and it's still in great shape. I think the Bee is a great smaller option, if I was buying a single buggy that's the one I'd go for.

Advertisement