Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 5008 SUV 1.2l or 1.6l petrol

Options
  • 18-03-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking at getting a new Peugeot 5008 SUV. I'm interested in the automatic 1.2l petrol, but am a little concerned that it won't have enough pep. As a result, I was planning on getting the 1.6l petrol, but it turns out they're no longer making those (as of a few days ago) and instead are going to come out with an 8 speed 1.6l petrol with a much higher bhp. I don't know the price of that yet, but I'm thinking it may be too much for my needs of getting around with the 3 kids. While the 1.2l may well be enough, I'd hate to get it and then realise that it struggles more than I'd hoped with things like getting up hills, or getting out of tricky junctions quickly enough. Has anyone bought the 1.2l that could share their experience please, and say whether it's definitely good enough, or whether they'd have preferred a bit more power. I'd prefer not to go for a diesel as I don't go long distances, and as I'm buying new, I think petrol is the way forward so want to keep the value. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

emma1000 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting a new Peugeot 5008 SUV. I'm interested in the automatic 1.2l petrol, but am a little concerned that it won't have enough pep. As a result, I was planning on getting the 1.6l petrol, but it turns out they're no longer making those (as of a few days ago) and instead are going to come out with an 8 speed 1.6l petrol with a much higher bhp. I don't know the price of that yet, but I'm thinking it may be too much for my needs of getting around with the 3 kids. While the 1.2l may well be enough, I'd hate to get it and then realise that it struggles more than I'd hoped with things like getting up hills, or getting out of tricky junctions quickly enough. Has anyone bought the 1.2l that could share their experience please, and say whether it's definitely good enough, or whether they'd have preferred a bit more power. I'd prefer not to go for a diesel as I don't go long distances, and as I'm buying new, I think petrol is the way forward so want to keep the value. Thanks!

It's 130bhp. Engine cc with modern turbo charged engines not as material anymore. You won't have trouble with hills or junctions. If you overtake a lot then consider the 1.6l. Other than that plenty of pep in the 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Still seems very small to me, and the 5008 is quite a large car, 130 bhp doesn't sound like a whole pile to me in something that big, especially in a petrol, even a turbocharged one.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Still seems very small to me, and the 5008 is quite a large car, 130 bhp doesn't sound like a whole pile to me in something that big, especially in a petrol, even a turbocharged one.

Seems or sounds like yeah, but reality is what matters. In auto it's 10.4 sec 0-100 and manual I think 10.8. Not rapid of course but not a slouch either. The pure tech engine keeps winning awards.

Depends what you are coming from OP, and what you class as 'pep'. What are currently driving and is it quick enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Seems or sounds like yeah, but reality is what matters. In auto it's 10.4 sec 0-100 and manual I think 10.8. Not rapid of course but not a slouch either. The pure tech engine keeps winning awards.

Depends what you are coming from OP, and what you class as 'pep'. What are currently driving and is it quick enough for you?

That's slow, but different strokes for different folks:). I'm not expecting a crossover to be a rocketship, but remember these are vehicles which can have up to seven on board and luggage, so a 0-100 in around 11 seconds with just the driver onboard is not exactly confidence inspiring to me.

Advertisement