Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking down an old TEFL cert!!!

Options
  • 18-03-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi there,

In 1999 I did a TEFL Cert with the International TEFL College of Ireland, which has been closed since 2013.

I used the Cert, teaching in Japan & Ireland before moving on to another career. Now, I have an opportunity via one of my other careers to run a really interesting one week workshop for foreign learners, with gov funding, based around an area I'm passionate about with language learning thrown in (which I'm also really excited about).... but I can't find the damn cert!!! Which I need to the get ball rolling/ secure funding.

Is there a governing body of TEFL? Any ideas? Anyone went to this crowd over the years? They don't seem contactable, and perhaps weren't all that young when I attended either.

Cheers,

Miss Haversham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

It could be ACELS or CELTA ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Outside chance if any of the work in Ireland was for a VEC that they still may have a photocopy of your qualification on file.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭misshaversham

Thanks for the replies.
    It was TEFL, from back in the olden days, and none of the work was for the VECs, but that was great lateral thinking!

Gonna send in references and take my chances. Still though... ffs!

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

Contact QQI they are the body that the legacy awarding body

Advertisement