Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build North co Dublin.

Options
  • 18-03-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm am planning a self build in North County Dublin in the next 12 months or so. I am planning on project managing it myself employing direct labour etc. My question is what fees have I in store for me and a rough costing on them ? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

So, this is a straight forward question. What you need to be ready for is the poster & lad in the pub jumping in saying they built their house for peanuts and they beat their Engineer into submission paying them less than the price of a takeaway coffee

Professional Fees for design, planning, tender, construction (FULL service) could be anywhere from ~6-12% of the build costs depending on type of build & where in the country you are..
    If you don’t want to pay that, just remember YOU are self-building, YOU are ultimately responsible or H&S, planning, building control and building regulation compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alwayse30

BryanF wrote: »
    So, this is a straight forward question. What you need to be ready for is the poster & lad in the pub jumping in saying they built their house for peanuts and they beat their Engineer into submission paying them less than the price of a takeaway coffee

Professional Fees for design, planning, tender, construction (FULL service) could be anywhere from ~6-12% of the build costs depending on type of build & where in the country you are..
    If you don’t want to pay that, just remember YOU are self-building, YOU are ultimately responsible or H&S, planning, building control and building regulation compliance.

Grest thanks.. Ha Yeah I've had a bit of that already. I have sourced an architect who'll also look after planning permission in his fee. I personally drew the house and passed it onto him to put in architect drawings for brickys carpenter etc..

My list is as follows excluding the house and everything on the inside(I've a digger and will clear site bury septic tank etc)

Esb main connection roughly 2k from what I've been reading on there site
    Septic tank and waste water treatment roughly 3.5k form what I can see
    Trench Foundation after I've dug it 6k
    I can't really find a figure online for council fees but believe this could be 15k pending size it'll be roughly 1300sq ft dormer bungalow.

Advertisement