Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to pay Luas Fine but their payment system wont work.

Options
  • 18-03-2018 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Simply put I got a 45e fine. I tried to appeal but got told no. Got that letter on Friday so thought I would pay it this weekend as the 14th day since the fine is on Monday

I have tried but get 2 error messages. One is just some random website server failure message and the other is a "fare not processed. Try again"

Obviously whoever oversaw Luas Cross City green line expansion worked on the website as both dont seem to work when people need them.

What are my options now paying online isnt a option? Cant call them because they are on break till Tuesday? Trying to do the nice thing here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Simply put I got a 45e fine. I tried to appeal but got told no. Got that letter on Friday so thought I would pay it this weekend as the 14th day since the fine is on Monday

I have tried but get 2 error messages. One is just some random website server failure message and the other is a "fare not processed. Try again"

Obviously whoever oversaw Luas Cross City green line expansion worked on the website as both dont seem to work when people need them.

What are my options now paying online isnt a option? Cant call them because they are on break till Tuesday? Trying to do the nice thing here.

Go on the run!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Email them. Say you're trying to pay and getting errors. Include screenshot of errors and possibly include the time / date in screenshot.

Or try a different browser. Could be a browser issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Rerto

It's their issue and not yours. You attempted to pay in good faith and the system didn't let you. Legally, in my opinion, you don't have to go any further. You're off the hook as far as I;m aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Try it again on Tuesday and it should be active again after the appeals process. If not then give them a call and they should be able to sort it out. The time to pay is pushed out for those who appeal so you have a bit of time.
    Rerto wrote:
    It's their issue and not yours. You attempted to pay in good faith and the system didn't let you. Legally, in my opinion, you don't have to go any further. You're off the hook as far as I;m aware.

Very bad advice that will almost certain lead to the OP going to court.

Advertisement