Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple devices disconnecting from WiFi

Options
  • 17-03-2018 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Have virgin media broadband in the house with the super hub. However as of late my wife's iPhone SE and the iPad are randomly losing connection. But the android devices in house are fine.

Looked at the settings on router and the apples devices are on the 5ghz network but so is my s7 and I've no issues.

It's causing minor domestics as she things I'm taking a I'm alright jack approach. But I just don't know where to start. I've rebooted hubs and phones.....

All suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Have you tied the Apple devices on the 2.4GHz network?

PS: the Virgin hub 3.0 is a POS - mine has been bridged from day one, with Apple Airport units doing the Wi-Fi/routing duties - I've tried it a few times as a router, but it was appalling, and even a replacement unit from Virgin didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Type 17 wrote:
    Have you tied the Apple devices on the 2.4GHz network?

Nope I haven't. Does it automatically allocate it to 5 ghz? Cos I don't remember putting it to 5. And unlike the horizon box the 2.4 and 5 have the same name and password

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You should be able to select the 2.4 network, as a separate one from the 5GHz version, if they are labelled differently. If they aren't, see if you can change that (I can't remember because haven't been in the non-bridged interface of mine for ages)

You may or may not have to re-enter the password again.

Might be worth a try, to see if it behaves better - if the Apple devices are generally used further from the Hub, use 2.4, as it travels better through walls, floors, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Type 17 wrote:
    Might be worth a try, to see if it behaves better - if the Apple devices are generally used further from the Hub, use 2.4, as it travels better through walls, floors, etc.

Thanks. Can't separate them but I changed the channel on 5ghz. Will give it a day and see if that works. If not I will disable 5ghz temporarily and see if that fixes it.

Advertisement