Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat's/Maynooth/Marino/Mary I Primary PME - is there any point applying?

Options
  • 17-03-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I've heard from a few people that getting a place on the above courses is extremely hard due to places being very limited.

Last year I applied for all four and didn't get a place on them and also have a friend who scored near to full marks in one of them and still didn't get place.

I know there's no harm in applying but in reality, am I wasting my time in going for the interviews again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

If your not in you can't win very much applies here. Where did you fall down previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LUFC123

In both the English and the Irish but more so the Irish which was strange considering I was speaking quite well in the grinds I took beforehand.

From what I've been told, your Irish needs to be exceptional to get into one of these courses. Some have said this was because places were very limited due to an oversupply of teachers. I wonder has this changed at all with the recent shortage of subs etc. ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd disagree that your Irish has to be "exceptional" but you do need to be able to converse well and not just regurgitate a few well rehearsed pieces. Do you watch TG4?Listen to RnaG?

Advertisement