Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair bags

Options
  • 17-03-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I bought tickets on ryanair a few months ago and paid extra to choose my seats. Does this also allow me to carry on a 10kg bag or do I need to purchase this online separately?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭howiya

tskk wrote: »
    I bought tickets on ryanair a few months ago and paid extra to choose my seats. Does this also allow me to carry on a 10kg bag or do I need to purchase this online separately?
    Thanks in advance.

It will say it on your boarding pass. You have to have paid for priority boarding to carry on a 10kg bag. They'll put in the hold for free though.

Flew recently and the staff go along the queue with bag tags. On way out they didn't tag my bag but on way back they did

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Thanks for that. Will print off my boarding pass. Haven’t flown Ryanair in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

I had this question after I choose the front row 20€ seats. I asked the "online chat" team and they said that buying those seats doesn't automatically grant me priority status anymore, or the ability to bring 2 bags. They told me I had to buy priority boarding along with the seat choice in order to bring two bags on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

If I have a standard Ryanair boarding pass with no priority etc
    Can I carry my 10kg bag up to departure gate and staff then put it in the hold?
    Can I also bring a duty free bag on board?
    Confused. ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

normanbond wrote: »
    Confused. ....

Not sure on weight, put it is put in hold if you don't have priority boarding. Duty free bag you can bring on board and place under the seat in front.

It's actually a much smoother experience now, I would say about 3/4 of people are going with priority boarding, so you usually don't have a problem getting space in the cabin above you to hold bags in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

normanbond wrote: »
    Confused. ....

Yes, you can bring the 10kg bag all the way to the gate, and they will tag it and put it in the hold. I'm just back from a holiday and that's exactly what I did both ways.

You're also allowed the duty free bag : "All customers who have purchased airport shopping or duty free may bring this in addition to their cabin bag allowance (max 35cm x 20cm x 20cm)"

Advertisement