Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Hi, I'm Tom!" - Extra chewing gum

Options
  • 16-03-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Ad on the tv for Extra chewing gum.

A young fella and a girl are in her bed room.

The girl's father knocks on the door, they panic, the guy grabs some chewing gum and answers the door in his boxer shorts.

"Hi, I'm Tom!" he says.

The stone-faced father smiles after a bit.

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He made a fortune when he sold MySpace though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Just another sh1te tv ad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

this ad is more realistic, tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Then the auld lad says

"Where are the yokes Tom, Give me the yokes you f**king Degenerate $hitwank"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Charlie19 wrote: »
    He made a fortune when he sold MySpace though.

xz9riyjkfbtz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

imme wrote: »

The girl's father knocks on the door, they panic, the guy grabs some chewing gum and answers the door in his boxer shorts.

"Hi, I'm Tom!" he says.

Discuss

Let's discuss this Discuss bit.

I thought it died out with the Indians on internet forums when most rational people realised it was a really wanky thing to suggest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

buried wrote: »
    Then the auld lad says

"Where are the yokes Tom, Give me the yokes you f**king Degenerate $hitwank"

Directors cut?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

The father looks like he's enjoying the image of the guy riding his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What I want to know is who are all these Barbara and Susan people that seem to feature in every second sentence at the moment??

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

if you mean this one...

it's 2pm, nothing wrong with some a bit of afternoon delight...

Dad is in a suit - (and yeh he's a bit of a ride) so it could be Mon-Fri, but what's he doing out of the office on a weekday lunchtime ? So i'm going with it's a Sat/Sun afternoon and he's taking granny out for lunch (why did they get a younger woman to play this part. Poor casting IMO - unless he married for money and that's Mrs ride)

Tom has good hair and whimsical boxers...i checked for a bulge (as did dad :P) nothing discernable past the heart emprinted cotton.

Daughter has a tattoo - dad knows shes not all sugar and spice - second bed in the room ... and desk, now i'm thinking college roomates... so is grandma.

i tell you what i'm not thinking of buying.. and that's chewing gum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

humberklog wrote: »
    Let's discuss this Discuss bit.

I thought it died out with the Indians on internet forums when most rational people realised it was a really wanky thing to suggest.
    I'm sensing anger

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Why have they added a handshake in? I thought it came across a bit like the dad liked what he saw with Tom in his boxers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"Hi, I'm Tom!" he says.

Discuss

how many marks is this one though

Grrrrrrrrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

368100 wrote: »
    Why have they added a handshake in? I thought it came across a bit like the dad liked what he saw with Tom in his boxers

I really wouldn't want to be touching that hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I really wouldn't want to be touching that hand...

Scampi fries

One can't help but feel the father would react differently if the guy who opened the door was a balding chincel manlet instead of ripped square-jaw, preppy, bushy curly hair, upper-middle class-looking Brit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m not sure it’s the wife either, could be the grandmother, looks a lot older than the Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

"Hi, I'm Tom!" he says.

Discuss

Truely heroic.

Advertisement