Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap and DART question

Options
  • 16-03-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

If I tag on at connolly and board a dart to dun laoghaire then go straight back to clontarf road do I have to tag off and on again at Dun Laoghaire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

If you don't need to go through the turnstiles then no, but if checked by ticket inspector I'm not sure if they can see where you tagged on or only if your ticket is validated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    If I tag on at connolly and board a dart to dun laoghaire then go straight back to clontarf road do I have to tag off and on again at Dun Laoghaire?
    as above, i think you need to be clearer. if you board at connolly *and do not leave the train system*, you can tag off at clontarf AFAIK.
    but if you have business to attend to in dun laoghaire outside the station, then yes, you very much need to tag off. otherwise you'll be making a cross city return trip and trying to fool the system into believing you made a short one way trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you tag on at any station and get off anywhere you do need to be mindful of what time you got on and what time you are travelling at as well. Tag on at 12 and you are still "on board" several hours later with no tag on or off and a ticket inspector could well have a few awkward questions to ask you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Well you'd have to tag off in DL as to get to the Northbound platform you'd have to tag off. Why would you want to do this anyway.

Advertisement