Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Paid for Subbing

Options
  • 16-03-2018 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hello. I'm a registered primary teacher who did my first bit of subbing ever this week. I gave the school my PPS and was told that they don't need my bank details as it'll be the department who'll be paying me. How do I get paid from the Department of Education? I'm a little bit lost with the whole payroll process. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Unless you worked with the department before they won't have your bank account details. The school should give you a form to fill in to be submitted to the department. Contact primary payroll for help 0906484043

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ejeca

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Unless you worked with the department before they won't have your bank account details. The school should give you a form to fill in to be submitted to the department. Contact primary payroll for help 0906484043

Thanks for the reply. I did work a day back when I was still in college, towards the end of the course. I remember the principal taking my bank details then but he ended up just paying me himself. I'll give payroll a ring next Tuesday and see what they'll say. Will I need any specific details to give them besides the standard PPS, Teaching Council number etc. that I'd already have myself? Will I need to give them the roll number of the school I subbed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I can't understand why the training colleges can't give students a small pack or advice sheet pamphlet on the basics of starting teaching, calling a roll, just general advice on what one can expect in the 1st few weeks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Ejeca wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I did work a day back when I was still in college, towards the end of the course. I remember the principal taking my bank details then but he ended up just paying me himself. I'll give payroll a ring next Tuesday and see what they'll say. Will I need any specific details to give them besides the standard PPS, Teaching Council number etc. that I'd already have myself? Will I need to give them the roll number of the school I subbed in?

That'll be handy all right but the pps number is most important, you'll be still on their system . No harm in checking they've put it through. Other than it's not your responsibility to inform the DES that you've subbed, school will put on the ocls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ejeca

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    That'll be handy all right but the pps number is most important, you'll be still on their system . No harm in checking they've put it through. Other than it's not your responsibility to inform the DES that you've subbed, school will put on the ocls.

That's great, thank you very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Keep track of everyday you’ve worked and tick them off as you get paid for them. Some schools are absolutely terrible at paying subs. I had an 11 week wait to be paid for 7 weeks subbing in school a few years ago.

Advertisement