Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony battery recommendation

Options
  • 16-03-2018 7:56am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 36


    Hi Folks,

    I'm interested in buying the Smok Mag mod. I need to get new batteries for the mod. I want to use the Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh. I was just wondering if this battery is good enough to safely run the Smok TFV12 Cloud Beast King?

    I have been using Samsung R25's but, according to https://www.18650batterystore.com/Best-18650-Battery-Guide-s/142.htm, the Sony's have a better discharge rating so I assume is a better battery.

    Thanks for any replies,
    Declan


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool


    Sony's are generally deemed to be at the top of 18650 batteries. It all depends on what kind of ohm's you're building. If you're looking at really low ohm's then the VTC5A would be the one to go for as it has a high amperage rate of 25A. If you're building more towards 1ohm than the VTC6 should be considered as it has a 500mah more capacity in comparison to the VTC5A. If you're unsure, then go with the VTC5A. Some batteries and their ratings, mah's are below.

    • Sony VTC4 18650 2100mAh 20A to 30A
    • Sony VTC5 18650 2600mAh 20A
    • Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh 25A
    • Samsung INR18650 20R 2000mAh 22A
    • Samsung INR18650 25R 2500mAh 20A
    • Sony VTC6 18650 3000mAh 15A
    • Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 20A
    • Efest Green IMR 26650 4200mAh 23A
    • MNKE IMR 26650 3500mAh 20A
    • Sanyo UR18650NSX 2600mAh 20A


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick


    declantm wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

    I'm interested in buying the Smok Mag mod. I need to get new batteries for the mod. I want to use the Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh. I was just wondering if this battery is good enough to safely run the Smok TFV12 Cloud Beast King?

    I have been using Samsung R25's but, according to https://www.18650batterystore.com/Best-18650-Battery-Guide-s/142.htm, the Sony's have a better discharge rating so I assume is a better battery.

    Thanks for any replies,
    Declan

    Is the Smok Mag left or right handed,I won mine in a raffle & it's left handed,I prefer to vape with my right hand,sods law...


  • Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm


    From what I can see they’re all left handed. Even the Smoktech.com website doesn’t let you choose which you want


  • Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm


    Thanks Tincool for the advice


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick


    declantm wrote: »
    From what I can see they’re all left handed. Even the Smoktech.com website doesn’t let you choose which you want

    Here is a right handed Mag....

    https://www.fasttech.com/products/3024/10020352/9628725-authentic-smoktech-smok-mag-225w-mod-kit-w-tfv12


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm


    Thanks youdipstick, I havent bought my Smok Mag yet and that site is really cheap so I think I'll go with them. They seem to be sold out in Ireland, I only found two sites that have them with a very limited range of colours and both sites are sold out.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick


    declantm wrote: »
    Thanks youdipstick, I havent bought my Smok Mag yet and that site is really cheap so I think I'll go with them. They seem to be sold out in Ireland, I only found two sites that have them with a very limited range of colours and both sites are sold out.

    Use Ireland Express E-Packet for your shipping option,for an extra couple of Dollars,you will receive it within 2 weeks,normal shipping takes a month from China...


  • Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm


    Thanks a million :) for the tip


Advertisement