Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile network recommendations Dublin

Options
  • 15-03-2018 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Since iD mobile have gone bust can anyone recommend a good mobile network in Dublin?

I had been with iD mobile on a 7€/month tariff but never found that they were particularly good. Was previously with Three before switching to Meteor. Only switched to iD to avail of the cheap deal.

How are Three nowadays? When I was with them before, they were awful. Constantly dropping 4g and reverting to Edge network. I found Meteor to be good from a coverage point of view but am reluctant to go with Eir given their record for poor customer service.

Vodafone plans are too pricey for the amount I use my phone but by all accounts they seem to be most reliable.

Am I right in saying that all the other networks (Virgin, postmobile, Lyca, Virgin, Tesco) essentially piggy back off the Three network and are therefore as good (or bad) as Three?

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,185 ✭✭✭✭L1011

When on iD you were on Three. They used Three bandwidth and hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

L1011 wrote: »
    When on iD you were on Three. They used Three bandwidth and hardware.

Right, yeah that's what I was thinking. So then there are only three options really, one of the Three networks (whichever is utilising their infrastructure), Eir, or Vodafone.

Are there any networks that use Eir or Vodafone infrastructure under a different brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the mobiles forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are there any networks that use Eir or Vodafone infrastructure under a different brand?

Eir used to have Meteor as a sub brand.

Vodafone have Postmobile which is a joke stump of a network.
    7€/month tariff but never found that they were particularly good.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Three €20/28 days with unlimited texts and data is the best budget plan in my eyes.

ED E wrote: »
    Eir used to have Meteor as a sub brand.

Vodafone have Postmobile which is a joke stump of a network.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Three €20/28 days with unlimited texts and data is the best budget plan in my eyes.

Yeah, well I figured it was worth a punt at that price! I was actually pretty happy with Meteor. Found their 4g coverage to be excellent.

I actually signed back up with Eir yesterday with what it seemed from the website was a 30 day contract but when I got confirmation email from them today it was actually an 18 month deal. When I called to query & exercise the cooling off clause, not only could they not locate my account, they had my address wrong and would not action my request due to my not having a security pin which they never gave me in the first place!

Hence why I don't want to go with Eir. They don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.....

Anyhoo, what's wrong with Postmobile? I know they are only PAYG but if they use Vodafone network then surely they can't be all bad?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're 3G only for one......

ED E wrote: »
    They're 3G only for one......

Right well that rules them out then. If only Three would get their act together..
    Thanks anyway

Advertisement