Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on Google Play Music...

Options
  • 15-03-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Same as the Spotify deal here - https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057655713/1/#post101255017 - would anyone be interested in coming together for a Play Music family plan? €2.50 a month or €30 a year for a group of 6.

Anyone interested let me know and we'll get a group together!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

davegilly wrote: »
    Same as the Spotify deal here - https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057655713/1/#post101255017 - would anyone be interested in coming together for a Play Music family plan? €2.50 a month or €30 a year for a group of 6.

Anyone know if this works with Alexa? I'd imagine the library is as good if not better than Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

I'd be interested in sending €2.50/month if available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know if this works with Alexa? I'd imagine the library is as good if not better than Spotify?

I think Amazon and Google have a fued stemming from the voice assistant stuff so I'd doubt it.

Alexa tablets don't work with Spotify either.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

Larcoon wrote: »
    I'd be interested in sending €2.50/month if available

Hey there. I will be in touch later - just waiting on one other to get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 18 daneparkinson

After the last group failed..I will try so anyone interested let me know and we'll get a group together!

Same as the Spotify deal €30 a year for a group of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 iamasuperuser

I’d be interested also....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I'd be interested in this please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Yep up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not recommended for strangers to use.
    It wide open for abuse of the person in the group paying for the subscription as the other users can use the payee credit card/payment method to buy music, apps, movies on Play Store without their permission.
    After a family plan manager sets up a family payment method and everyone has joined, each member can purchase music, apps, games, movies, shows, ebooks, and magazines. You can read more about this at Google's FAQ page.

Members of your family group can make purchases on Google Play using the family payment method without the manager's approval, according to Google, and the payment method is the main family plan one rather than the payment method on their individual accounts. You'll see the family plan as a payment option when checking out.

Every time a family member makes a purchase, the family plan manager will get an email. The manager can also require approval for in-app purchases and see a history of all purchases.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6294544

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thank god for that!! At least that's one less thread in Bargain Alerts that isn't a bargain and doesn't abuse/breach the Terms and Conditions of the company providing the service.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up ongarite. But have a way round it. By setting the family payment method up with a prepaid card with 0 balance means rogue purchases are declined.

So we have 4 in the group including me looking for 2 more.

iamasuperuser
    martin101
    stryker mcqueen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Ill go in for €30 , if I can pay by revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

I would be interested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ECookie13

Id be interested also!

I have a slot free on Google Music family plan, if anyone wants to join then drop me a PM.

30euro for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Sorry I must be blind, how do you get play music for 30/year, is there a link?

W

OP , can you check your email. I asked about changing the email address I use to access play music.

Just remove the b************k@gmail.com and add the kd6*****@gmail.com please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭degsie

W

https://play.google.com/music

d

Thanks Dan :)

Guys.. this is a great deal.

I hope Dan runs this offer again next yr.

Ill defiantly pay again in 12 months time.
    I Just hope he gives preference to previous subscribers.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Quote: whowantstwoknow

W

https://play.google.com/music

d

So the op has set up a family account.. which allows 6 subscribers.

I think each subscriber can access music in up to 10 devices.

davegilly wrote: »

A year on, the subscription has expired..is the OP willing to do the same again ?

I'm up for it (again)

I'm willing to even give a few extra Bob to compensate the op for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Google play music is included in YouTube premium which if you use a VPN to sign up from an Indian ip address costs 129 rupees so around €1.60 per month.
    I am still in the 3 month free trial and not certain I will bother with it after this but if it's a service you use anyway it's worth a look.
    VPN only needed for sign up not for every use. Similar to the Netflix thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Google play music is included in YouTube premium which if you use a VPN to sign up from an Indian ip address costs 129 rupees so around €1.60 per month.
    I am still in the 3 month free trial and not certain I will bother with it after this but if it's a service you use anyway it's worth a look.
    VPN only needed for sign up not for every use. Similar to the Netflix thread.

Thanks for the tip. Just did it and have YouTube Premium, YouTube Music and Google Play Music all for €1.60/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

bromley52 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Just did it and have YouTube Premium, YouTube Music and Google Play Music all for €1.60/month.

Does this combo also apply to the family plan. If I sign up will the family still get access to Google music. The YouTube premium family plan is around €2.5/month

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/how-to-share-youtube-premium-with-your-family/

Indicates that family should get Google play music too but I haven't tried.Single account is enough for me and don't even use it that much really

Trial is free anyway so might be worth checking out if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

bromley52 wrote: »

Did you sign up with your existing Google account or make a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

So without the VPN; if my friend is in India and he has my card details can he sign me up for an account @ €1.60 a month and I can use it here fine without VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

xckjoo wrote: »
    Did you sign up with your existing Google account or make a new one?

Existing account.

• Advertisement

I was going to open a new Google account but I was doing it on the phone and forgot to log out , it works under my existing one without a problem.

Yes someone in India can open it for you with the same effect.

Advertisement