Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Secondary School teacher moving to Ireland and leaving teaching

Options
  • 15-03-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I'm a UK English/Welsh secondary school teacher who is planning to move to Ireland to live with my Irish partner later on this year. I have taught for ten years and have never secured a permanent job due to where I live in Pembrokeshire. Like Ireland, it is very difficult to secure permanent work (especially when you've been teaching for over ten years and are quite expensive to hire).
    Anyway, I am seriously considering leaving teaching and want to do something different when I move to Ireland. I'd still like to work with young people in some capacity; I just don't want to teach them any more!
    I'd love to know what sort of options may be available for me. We're hoping to live in either Cork or Wexford. I know that Cork has far more employment opportunities than Wexford, but would just really appreciate any insights/ experience/advice that anyone here has on my situation.

Advertisement