Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest App

Options
  • 15-03-2018 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone else with the nest app finding its not working on mobile data? Works fine over WiFi.
    Android version I have

Thanks

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

iOS working fine. Yesterday at one stage it loaded home screen but not the devices

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Have you turned on any additional firewall features on your home router, might be blocking external access
    gar wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone else with the nest app finding its not working on mobile data? Works fine over WiFi.
    Android version I have

Thanks

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

goose06 wrote: »
    Have you turned on any additional firewall features on your home router, might be blocking external access

No I can access it on any WiFi not just my home. The issue seems to be with mobile data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

No I can access it on any WiFi not just my home. The issue seems to be with mobile data

When your on your WiFi your behind your firewall, so it sounds like a firewall or poet forwarding issue

When your on your WiFi your behind your firewall, so it sounds like a firewall or poet forwarding issue

Yes but I have been on different wi-fi's and it connects on them, like in work

Thanks though

• Advertisement

Yes but I have been on different wi-fi's and it connects on them, like in work

Thanks though

If you are out of WiFi area, do uou have internet access ? Is your mobile data working ?

If you are out of WiFi area, do uou have internet access ? Is your mobile data working ?

Yes no issue with reading web pages etc on mobile data. Just reading reviews on the play store and looks like I'm not alone

That's an odd one, have you deleted the cache on it or uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that fixes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Mine is doing the same. Not working properly when on 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭emo72

mines stopped working on 3g also. worked fine up till about a week ago. this is funny.

• Advertisement

Yes no issue with reading web pages etc on mobile data. Just reading reviews on the play store and looks like I'm not alone

That is really odd. I just checked and everything works for me. Is there any setting in your phone that is limiting throughput for specific apps ?

goose06 wrote: »
    That's an odd one, have you deleted the cache on it or uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that fixes it?

Yeah weird,
    Cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, no change

Yeah weird,
    Cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, no change
    Anyone in your house on a different network, if so try the nest app on their phone, if that works pop your sim into their phone and check again, if it stops working with your sim in their phone then it could be your mobile network causing the issue.

Advertisement