Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place Accumulator Question

Options
  • 15-03-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I backed 6 horses today in different races. None won, but 5 were 2nd or 3rd one fell. From an accumulator point of view what would have been the best option here? Is there such thing as a place acumulator? If so whats it called? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yes, group 'place only' bets into an acca - but all those listed must place.

If you want the type of bet where if you hit with some but not all then better off looking at doubles, trebs, quads etc from 6 - can get expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Googel 'each way accumulator'. Most of the betting sites are blocked in work so I can't go in them. But there's a few explaining it at the top of the google search.

Ah yes, if you're looking for some returns it'd be yankees etc. but as said above it's a lot of bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

kencoo wrote: »
    I backed 6 horses today in different races. None won, but 5 were 2nd or 3rd one fell. From an accumulator point of view what would have been the best option here? Is there such thing as a place acumulator? If so whats it called? Thanks

There generally is a plaxe accumaltor Your alternative is a Lucky 63, a lot more expensive than an accumulator but you need just one result for a return I tend to avoid accumalators becaus if one bet fails it all fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Another idea may be to use the W/O market, e.g. I can still avail of 3pl in tomorrow's 13:30 Chelt, regardless of what AS does.

You can also form a (type of) accumulator from e.g. 'five from seven' (e/w).

Essentially it's just a five-fold, comprised of 21bets, but if any of the five places it's profit.
    If they all win, even on the lowest possible stake, it could likely exceed their max daily payout.

Advertisement