Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kormac Equivalent Exchange on Sunday 18th March Vicar St

Options
  • 15-03-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

This is on Sunday night ,sounds like a good night of entertainment and day off Monday.
    Blurb:
    St. Patrick’s Festival, March 15th to 19th 2018, announces a specially commissioned evening with leading Irish producer, DJ and composer Kormac. Kormac: Equivalent Exchange at Vicar Street on Sunday March 18th will feature Kormac alongside the Irish Chamber Orchestra, Kormac’s Big Band and an array of guests featuring over 30 musicians and artists including ArtSoul singer songwriter Loah and famed composer and conductor Eimear Noone performing a brand new collection of songs, with more guests to be announced in the coming months.
    As the national festival, St. Patrick’s Festival works to bring artists from across Ireland together to produce work and celebrate our national holiday. Well-known for his live performances and championed by everyone from Annie Mac to DJ Yoda, Dubliner Kormac has matured into an artist who brings a totally novel approach to what might be called hip hop by twisting and morphing his meticulous recordings of acoustic instruments into something entirely unique. In 2017 he decamped to Bulgaria to study under Europe’s leading composers, conductors and orchestrators to learn new writing and production methods. The result, Kormac: Equivalent Exchange, with the Limerick based Irish Chamber Orchestra is an inspiring evening of unique collaborations which may never happen again.
    Kormac: Equivalent Exchange’s creative concept is a new departure for Kormac. He has relinquished the writing and creative processes he has practiced over the last few years to try a completely new approach, embracing his new orchestral training to discover a whole new way of working, with a chamber orchestra at his fingertips and a new sonic palette to explore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thinking about this. does it finish at normal Vicar Street gig time, or will it be club hours closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

thinking about this. does it finish at normal Vicar Street gig time, or will it be club hours closing?
    I'd say normal gig time. Usually just DJs that put on late shows. Orchestra etc wouldn't want to be on that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Going to this - can't wait :)

As the years pass, am making fewer and fewer standalone gigs - getting my fix at festivals...

Nils Frahm @ the NCH is my only gig this year so far.

This is No. 2 - is the (very) vaguely classical theme also a sign of the years passing?

In any case, ever since seeing Kormac and his big band play a sunny Sunday @ Body and Soul several years ago he's always had a special place in my heart. Will be very interesting to see what he's come up with for this

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I won tickets to this so going along, hopefully its lots of fun

Advertisement