Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painter cost

Options
  • 14-03-2018 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for advice on the rough cost to expect to have a 3 Bed terraced house painted. Hall stairs landing, sitting room, kitchen diner, 3 bedrooms and bathroom. Including paint and interior doors/frames..possibly skirting boards too.

Recommendations by pm would be great too but mostly want a rough idea of cost to judge if this is feasible or not!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I paid just over 2800 for a two bedroom two bathroom all ceilings hall stairs and landing. Kitchen diner. Sitting room. skirting doors etc. Three coats.

Coolmine Decor. Would recommend. Just make sure chocolate biscuits in !

• Site Banned Posts: 17 Cally Caleigh

amtc wrote: »
    I paid just over 2800 for a two bedroom two bathroom all ceilings hall stairs and landing. Kitchen diner. Sitting room. skirting doors etc. Three coats.

Coolmine Decor. Would recommend. Just make sure chocolate biscuits in !

That seems a little on the expensive side for a 2 bedroom house in my opinion. Did that include the price of the paint at least? There's a guy on adverts with this line in his ad:
    3 bed house interior including woodwork
    from 1000--- euro.
    I've seen his ad in the Northside people too.
    Shop around, get at least 3 quotes and look for some feedback online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note:

post moved to Interior Design & Decorating.

I paid €4000 for a painter to do a 'new build' (completely renovated) 4-bed house (southeast Dublin). Cash, and definitely no receipts. The paint was over €1000 on top of that. Gulp. The painting and paint cost was easily the shock expense of the whole build process; I had been under the impression that I could do it myself to save money. However, some people said there's a lot of work behind a first paint and it would be wise to spend the money on a professional.

It ended up being money well spent as he was on the ball and the shine had gone off our perception of our plasterer by the end of the painter's work. He was the only outside tradesman we brought in and we ended up getting the plasterer and tiler to rectify work as a result of his walking around with us and pointing out shoddy work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I paid €4000 for a painter to do a 'new build' (completely renovated) 4-bed house (southeast Dublin). Cash, and definitely no receipts. The paint was over €1000 on top of that. Gulp.

Gulp indeed!!!!!!

We have a price of just under 800 plus paint. Going to buy a giant thing of brilliant white and then some colours for feature walls. House is 80sqm (I think) maybe yours is much bigger??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 old sparky

Hi ,
    I just got a price on getting  all interior work done on a 5 bed, 3 bath  house approx. 2000sq/ft . 6500 Euro  . All walls, 2  coats ,callings 1  coat.  All woodwork,  utility cabinets, doors, skirting  and stairs painted white with handrail  stained x3 coats . This includes paint .
     There is a bit of prep work involved  .especially where I removed old  electric panel and storage heaters from the walls  so a bit of  filling and sanding to be done.  
    This price came as a bit of a shock to me also . I was expecting about 5 k .!  not sure if this was excessive .

Our house is 83m squared. Painter doing all walls ceilings skirts doors bannisters and a fireplace for 860. Paint cost 132. Delighted.

That is a great price in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Our house is 83m squared. Painter doing all walls ceilings skirts doors bannisters and a fireplace for 860. Paint cost 132. Delighted.

Hi, could you PM me details for your painter? Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Must be non insured slave or on the dole.
    Paint costs around 500 euro good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

We got a cheap painter in for the hall/stairs/landing before, a waste of money. He did such a bad job that I could have done better myself to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

It must be muck paint if it costs just 132.

old sparky wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I just got a price on getting  all interior work done on a 5 bed, 3 bath  house approx. 2000sq/ft . 6500 Euro  . All walls, 2  coats ,callings 1  coat.  All woodwork,  utility cabinets, doors, skirting  and stairs painted white with handrail  stained x3 coats . This includes paint .
     There is a bit of prep work involved  .especially where I removed old  electric panel and storage heaters from the walls  so a bit of  filling and sanding to be done.  
    This price came as a bit of a shock to me also . I was expecting about 5 k .!  not sure if this was excessive .
    As stated above  just had this completed during the week . and I must say the finish is superb .The guys came in completed everything  in a meticulous fashion  I am very happy with the results .  I even had an old rickety CD rack and it started falling apart when they had to move it . they even fixed that  up  and is now stronger that it ever was first day . They were not the cheapest  but I guess you get what you pay for . These guys were absolute professionals .

forgot to mention they done the job for 5k .down from 6.5 k cash deal .

Must be non insured slave or on the dole. Paint costs around 500 euro good quality.

We bought the paint ourselves. Giant tubs of brilliant white at 12euro covered an awful lot. He supplied all ceiling paint. The gloss was the most expensive. We bought b&q brand paint in 5litre tubs for feature walls in most rooms. He did an excellent job, neat and tidy paint work and he cleaned up after himself thoroughly. Decent worker, full house complete in 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silentreader

Could you please pm me details of your painter

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I know of a painter locally ( absolute top class ) that is charging 260 a day plus vat ( and getting it! ). I generally find that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys ( edit: sorry didn't realise this was an old thread)

Advertisement