Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper delivery - salt and vinegar??

Options
  • 14-03-2018 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

This may seem like a ridiculous question but I honestly have no idea. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

When you order chips for delivery from a chipper, do they put salt and vinegar on them? Do you request it in the "note for restaurant" section online? Or do they not do salt and vinegar on delivery orders at all? What's the norm?

I've never ordered before but I really want salt and vinegar on them. Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I use "note for restaurant" for such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,684 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I assume the default is with salt and vinegar... you would have more of an issue stopping them from seasoning it...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Can you not put it on yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

If you order via Marvin it will ask you do you want s&v on your chips

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Always put it in the notes. Many restaurants/chippers won't put any on unless you have asked for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

it isn't actually a stupid question because some places will put salt on at least (and maybe vinegar) and others will not put anything at all.

Just specify is best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered on justeat and put it in the notes section, and they were lovely.
    Owryan wrote: »
    Can you not put it on yourself?

I actually wouldn't have vinegar in the house but anyway, there's something special about chipper vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,294 ✭✭✭✭L1011

there's something special about chipper vinegar.

That is that it isn't usually vinegar at all - "non-brewed condiment" is the legal definition used.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered on justeat and put it in the notes section, and they were lovely.

I actually wouldn't have vinegar in the house but anyway, there's something special about chipper vinegar.

A lot of chippers sell bottles of their vinegar (for delivery too) only a Euro or two.

Buy one it will change your life forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ronney wrote: »
    A lot of chippers sell bottles of their vinegar (for delivery too) only a Euro or two.

Buy one it will change your life forever!

Here's their secret formula

41s6FalLXyL.jpg

+

20 Litres of ...
    image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,294 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's far too classy

Industrial tank of acetic acid, brown food colourant and water and you're probably closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

L1011 wrote: »
    That's far too classy

Industrial tank of acetic acid, brown food colourant and water and you're probably closer!

have you tried blasting it with pi55?

Sorry just had to Godpisswin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Don’t ever order chips for delivery with vinegar on them, unless you want them to arrive like a wet nappy.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Don’t ever order chips for delivery with vinegar on them, unless you want them to arrive like a wet nappy.

wtf

The Chips at the bottom of the bag socked in Vinegar can be the nicest ones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Most places wont put it on as it makes the food soggy by the time it gets to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Are you in the clondalkin area? 9th lock chipper has it's own app. A bit too handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Thanks everyone. The chips were perfect, I like the soggy ones at the bottom of the bag the best! I might invest in a bottle of chipper vinegar to have too.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Are you in the clondalkin area? 9th lock chipper has it's own app. A bit too handy

I am. Good to know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Here's their secret formula

41s6FalLXyL.jpg

+

20 Litres of ...
    image.jpg

I don’t think that one requires watering down; it’s already at 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

S&V needs to be put on the chips when they're fresh from the fryer, they don't soak in as well if you put it on when they arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

wtf

The Chips at the bottom of the bag socked in Vinegar can be the nicest ones

No chance, get out with that theory.

• Advertisement

No chance, get out with that theory.

I pray for you. Your statement was blasphemy towards the soggy vinegary chip

JukhlxB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

eat them straight from the greasy bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The ones that are stuck to the paper with salt and vinegar are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That is exactly how I like them, a wet nappy, the bag falling apart, a big ball of soggy chips fused together.

I get chips and seal the bag well and wrap them up if I have something, it you put them in a plastic bag and then in say a woolly hat they stay warm for ages and go really soggy.

The same can be done cooking chips at home. I keep brown bags from the chinese and if I cook chips I sometimes put them in the bag, while roasting hot, and put salt & vinegar on and let them stew. The steam off the vinegar steams them well. The bag also keeps them warm a lot longer, I would have the bag on a plate in front of the tv.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    I assume the default is with salt and vinegar... you would have more of an issue stopping them from seasoning it...
    Do you order from many places? I find the opposite, of the 4-5 places in my area they will not put it on unless asked. All chippers I go to will ask the customer and I am surprised how many do not opt for it, or for just 1.

Seems in this thread, by way of thanks, that many DO like soggyish chips. However the ones who do not are often more upset about it, so I guess the chippers do not want to disappoint them. I have never heard someone go mental and saying their chips are totally ruined since they put none on them for delivery. Most will have salt & vinegar in the house, or at least salt, so they are not ruined. I reckon chippers know this so hold off. -While those who do hate soggy chips are disgusted.

I remember seeing some chipper, I think in cork, with a sign saying salt & vinegar is standard and that it is up to you to say if you do not want it.

Advertisement