Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos ONE Skills v Amazon Echo Plus

Options
  • 14-03-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Can anyone offer any advise here... i have a Sonos One and i was looking at buying some of the OSRAM smart bulbs - it says on the information about the bulbs that a Lightify Gateway must also be purchased for it to work with Sonons ONE.
    My understanding is that the Sonos ONE has all the Skills and built in Gateways as the Echo Plus - with that will i need the Lightify app or will the bulbs communicate directly with the Sonos One - voice commands on/off to be more exact?
    I also read that the Samsung Smartthings skill may also control OSRAM bulbs - would this do the same thing with out an additional gateway?
    Would appreciate any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

rochestown wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any advise here... i have a Sonos One and i was looking at buying some of the OSRAM smart bulbs - it says on the information about the bulbs that a Lightify Gateway must also be purchased for it to work with Sonons ONE.
    My understanding is that the Sonos ONE has all the Skills and built in Gateways as the Echo Plus - with that will i need the Lightify app or will the bulbs communicate directly with the Sonos One - voice commands on/off to be more exact?
    I also read that the Samsung Smartthings skill may also control OSRAM bulbs - would this do the same thing with out an additional gateway?
    Would appreciate any advice...

Don't have either so just looking at details for Sonos and Lightify etc. I would imagine that you would need the gateway as well has the bulbs. The bulbs and gateway communicate using the zigbee protocol which is not built into the Sonos one and you would only be using the speaker for voice control with the built in Alexa, same way you would with an echo or echo dot.

The Echo Plus has a a zigbee hub built in to the speaker so you may be able to pair the bulbs with this.

If you were going the Smartthings route you would need the Smartthings hub instead of the Lightify gateway to control the bulbs.

Advertisement