Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old iPhone

Options
  • 14-03-2018 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

About 1.5yrs ago I dropped my iPhone 5c and smashed the screen.
    I was (thankfully) due an upgrade to 5s.
    The broken phone was languishing in a press and today husband took it and got screen repaired.
    It is back working. There isn’t any sim in It at the minute. Husband might use it as tablet (no sim)or he might put sim in it and use it.

The screen looks as I had it. Same apps etc. I went into settings Nd was going to clear iPhone so it would no longer be attached to my iCloud etc.
    Is this the right way or how should I go about it. I just want it to be unattached to my new phone in case it gets messy.

Would a new sim sort this?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi all.

About 1.5yrs ago I dropped my iPhone 5c and smashed the screen.
    I was (thankfully) due an upgrade to 5s.
    The broken phone was languishing in a press and today husband took it and got screen repaired.
    It is back working. There isn’t any sim in It at the minute. Husband might use it as tablet (no sim)or he might put sim in it and use it.

The screen looks as I had it. Same apps etc. I went into settings Nd was going to clear iPhone so it would no longer be attached to my iCloud etc.
    Is this the right way or how should I go about it. I just want it to be unattached to my new phone in case it gets messy.

Would a new sim sort this?

Thanks very much

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Make sure you have whatever photos, notes etc. you want off the old phone. Go into icloud.com and check your list of devices associated with your Apple ID. Delete the one you don't want. Factory reset the phone and insert a new sim into it. Should be good to go!

Advertisement