Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting Garda vetting results and extremely anxious

Options
  • 13-03-2018 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am awaiting vetting results from the Garda vetting unit. About 5-6 years ago I was caught shoplifting in a Penney’s store. The gardai were called and they informed me I should admit my guilt or face court proceedings. I chose to admit my guilt and they advised that the Superintendent would be in touch to give me an adult caution. I never received the call and therefore never got the caution. I am a civil servant and i am awaiting the vetting to work in a particular government department. Will this incident be disclosed to my employer. I have been extremely remorseful for what I have done and I just worry that my management and colleagues could find out this information on me.
    Be grateful for advice or what I should do.

Comments

Advertisement