Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delete

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There is no set pattern holidays must be taken in so there’s nothing there for you.
    You can’t sue because you agreed to take the time off.

I think you are right in the fact that this manager is using head office as a scape goat for her mistake/incompetence, it’s not an unusual tactic.

If it we’re me I would ask for a list of all annual leave you have taken over the last 2-3years or however long you think is relevant. You should be able to tell from that how many days they recorded last year and surely you can substantiate these yourself.

Ask again to see the communications between head office and your manager, you can’t really force that issue without pushing hard and perhaps even lodging a formal request for personal data held by the company.

Contact head office yourself and see can you sort out what happened, it’s unlikely they will deal directly with you but if they do try to get them to post you the details or email them to you.

Now, from a managers perspective I think there is some level of personal responsibility here. We all own our holidays and you were surprised to have all this extra leave to take, you should have questioned this more, you admit you had just taken six days leave from last year and surely knew that it was wrong that you had so many additional days to take - but you took them anyway, on the word of a colleague without questioning your manager. The one thing I find all employees always know to the hour is how many days annual leave they have or carried over. I feel it’s unlikely that you had such little grasp on the numbers that you might have had weeks and weeks of extra leave to take, I just don’t see that as a likely event and perhaps thought due to an error would take the days they were offering in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Seems the truth can b a bitter thing to hear

Advertisement