Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB Courses

Options
  • 13-03-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭

I notice there is no Education Training Board thread in the main education forum, it isn't FETAC or VTOS but partly City and Guilds, I'm on a course with GRETB (Galway/Roscommon Education Training Board) doing digital marketing, I find they are a wee bit too rigorous in docking people and taking 6 or 7 euro of your payment if you are an hour late even regardless of the traffic situation to get there and there doesn't seem to be proper Easter holidays for this course either. Saying that, I'm enjoying the work experience but I find the theory side a bit messy sometimes. Anyone else have experiences with these kind of courses.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 O Shea

About 22 years ago , I did a couple of post grad courses through FAS in Cork. I benefited from them and found the instructors easy going and respectful.
    In 2004 I attended a course in the training centre in Tralee. Then FAS now KETB. I found this ran well. I was always in dropping kids off to school before the course I would be docked for any time late but did not argue about it the instructor did not harass me about it either. The start times can be a barrier to women with young school going children.
    I have spent some time at home as a carer since 2014 so thought I would do courses run locally . The first one I had one days notice as someone had dropped out. It was a cookery course, It was a joke. Lots of time sitting around wearing chefs uniforms doing very little. Ingredients were not provided The instructors were however very keen on control and punctuality and spoke very rudely and I left after giving it 3 weeks and learning very little.
    In 2018 I tried another course run by Ketb. The instructor was channelling the worst Christian brother .I really loved the subject but could not tolerate the verbal abuse and intimidating atmosphere I left a third of the way through the course. Both these badly run courses were not in the centre in Tralee. I think it would be great to get a public online review of the courses before committing to them.

Advertisement