Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone se unlocked to 3

Options
  • 13-03-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi
    Was going to buy iPhone se in America or in curry uk it’s only £299
    But guy in currys in Derry said to me what network are u going to ,every network would be fine except 3 he can’t guarantee it would work with 3 in south of ireland because 3 have setting in phone so you have to buy phones of them
    Is this true ? Problem is curry’s won’t refund if I bring back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

cavanmann wrote: »
    Hi
    Was going to buy iPhone se in America or in curry uk it’s only £299
    But guy in currys in Derry said to me what network are u going to ,every network would be fine except 3 he can’t guarantee it would work with 3 in south of ireland because 3 have setting in phone so you have to buy phones of them
    Is this true ? Problem is curry’s won’t refund if I bring back

The guy who told you this is an oaf. I’m surprised he didn’t try to sell you some magic beans while he was at it, you might well have bought them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cavanmann

Was just asking on boards anyway took the chance bought on John Lewis 2 years guarantee and all
    Thank naasrd for the intelligent comment you sound like you know your stuff .

naasrd wrote: »
    The guy who told you this is an oaf. I’m surprised he didn’t try to sell you some magic beans while he was at it, you might well have bought them!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lildaisy

I'm sure the guy is right. 3 UK and 3 Ireland (although the same name) are actually to "different" companies. If the phone is locked to three UK you can't use a three Ireland sim in it vice versa. Unless this has changed since last summer. As I'm on 3ireland and when a three UK sim wouldn't work this is what the three UK fella said to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Relikk

lildaisy wrote: »
    I'm sure the guy is right. 3 UK and 3 Ireland (although the same name) are actually to "different" companies. If the phone is locked to three UK you can't use a three Ireland sim in it vice versa. Unless this has changed since last summer. As I'm on 3ireland and when a three UK sim wouldn't work this is what the three UK fella said to me

That's all well and good if you're on a contract with 3 UK and got the phone through them, but the OP said it was in Curry's and the retail price was £299. That means it's a full price, non-contract phone that's unlocked to any network out of the box. So, the information the OP was fed is complete nonsense.

Advertisement